Adjunct Faculty-Athletic Training
Adjunct Faculty-Athletic TrainingThe University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty-Athletic Training.
Position Details LocationHattiesburg
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
United States DivisionSchool of Health Professions Position TypeFaculty Employment StatusPart Time Grant FundedNo Posting Close DateOpen until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications for Adjunct Faculty will be accepted on an ongoing basis and will be reviewed as needed.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate students in a variety of courses in the area Athletic Training.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Face-to-face course delivery and instruction
- Prepare and submit syllabi, grades and other required course documentation in a timely manner
- Communicate course requirements and expectations to students
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Master’s Degree or higher in Athletic Training or a related discipline
- Mississippi state license or eligible
- Ability to teach effectively at the university level in an undergraduate Athletic
- Criminal history and background check clearance
- Uphold the mission and values of USM, College of Nursing and Health Professions, and
the School of Health Professions
- Teaching, mentoring and service experience at university level
- Professional experience in Athletic Training
- Experience with Canvas technology
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 76 public universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Foundation’s "higher research activity" designation for doctoral universities, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 35 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 21 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.