Adjunct Faculty, School of Marketing
Adjunct Faculty, School of MarketingThe University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty, School of Marketing.
Position Details LocationHattiesburg
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
United States DivisionSchool of Marketing Position TypeFaculty Employment StatusPart Time Grant FundedNo Posting Close DateIndefinitely
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants for Adjunct Faculty will be accepted on an ongoing basis and will be reviewed as needed. Applicants should indicate in their cover letter at which campus or teaching sites they are willing to accept these interim assignments.
Adjunct faculty members facilitate students' achievement of course objectives and prepares the student to build knowledge and master skill sets to move forward through the program. Adjunct faculty members may be needed in areas of marketing, merchandising, healthcare marketing, hospitality and tourism management, and sport management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the class schedules as posted.
- Communicate course requirements to students.
- Be available to students during a required number of office hours and be responsive to students through email and Canvas.
- Collaborate with other School of Marketing Faculty, as well as the Director, to plan, implement, and evaluate each course offering taught to maintain quality and effectiveness.
- Follow the policies and procedures of the School of Marketing, the College of Business and Economic Development, and the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A terminal degree in the discipline in which you will be teaching.
- A master's degree (or equivalent) with at least 18 hours of graduate classes in the discipline in which you will be teaching.
- A master's degree (or equivalent) in a related field and substantial professional experience in the area in which you will be teaching.
Founded in 1910, The University of Southern Mississippi is a comprehensive doctoral and research-driven university with a proud history and an eye on the future. A dual-campus university, Southern Miss serves students on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, in addition to five teaching and research sites in Mississippi and through Online at Southern Miss. Since 2006, our students have collected three Truman Scholarships and 18 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships. USM students also lead Mississippi with 21 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Our Drapeau Center for Undergraduate Research affords our students meaningful research opportunities, and as a proven leader in innovation, we conduct transformative research that translates into real-world solutions. As one of only 36 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music, we are a haven for creativity and artistic expression. In the classroom or lab, on the playing field, or in the performance hall, we strive to have a positive impact not only on our students, but also the world around us. Further information is found at www.usm.edu.As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.