Massage Therapy Practicum Instructor, Part-Time (non-credit)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleMassage Therapy Practicum Instructor, Part-Time (non-credit)Requisition NumberFAC00298General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Corporate Solutions seeks to become the preferred training provider for regional businesses and organizations. We provide non-credit-training and continuing professional education programs for incumbent workers and individuals.
Corporate Solutions is searching for a Massage Therapy Practicum (Bodywork) Instructor. This position provides instruction of the 96-clock hour supervised practicum class to massage therapy students enrolled in the 604-hour, non-credit massage therapy program.
In addition to being a licensed massage therapist, the practicum instructor must be able to instruct Clinical Foundations, Anatomy & Physiology, Kinesiology, and Pathology.Specific Responsibilities
• Teach/Supervised Lab Practicum (Bodywork) class.
• Review and enforce techniques learned in massage therapy courses.• Coordinate with massage therapy, theory technique instructor for class guidance/techniques learned.• Incorporate appropriate teaching-learning strategies, technologies, and assessment methods for evaluation of student learning into the course.• Meet all scheduled classes and adhere to schedule, which includes final exam times and other program-related testing.
• Collaborate with Program Manager in the development and revision of courses of study and curricula.
• Submit required reports on student attendance to program coordinatorMinimum Qualifications
• High School Diploma.
• Must be a Licensed PA Massage Therapist.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a licensed massage therapist.
• Demonstrated ability to teach students of all abilities.
• Demonstrated commitment to work with diverse populations, such as under-resourced groups and first-generation students.Preferred Qualifications
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
• 3 to 5 years of experience teaching Massage Therapy.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 2 professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankAdjunctSalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma?
- * Are you a Licensed PA Massage Therapist?
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a licensed massage therapist?
- * Do you have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree?
- * Do you have 3 to 5 years of experience teaching Massage Therapy?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation