Director of Career Pathways Advising
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Director of Career Pathways Advising. The Director of Career Pathways Advising will serve as part of the Student Affairs leadership team and promote the active integration of the College's Career Pathways advising model and related completion strategies within Student Affairs and throughout the college. The Director will participate in management decisions and implementation of policies and processes that affect student advising, retention, completion, and career planning. The Director will act as the administrator of Professional, Technical, and Transfer Advising and the Advising Resource Center (ARC). This position will also provide operational supervision of the College Credit Plus Program, Disability Services, Veterans Services, Community Support Services and Career Services.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when completing their online application.
Examples of Duties:Functional Responsibilities:
- Lead and administer all aspects of advising services including implementation, training, evaluation, and modification of advising services.
- Recruit, select, orient, supervise, evaluate, and develop academic advisors consistent with college needs, policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership to ensure the utilization of a variety of effective advising delivery systems and methodologies, promoting student success.
- Assist with streamlining electronic and non-electronic advising procedures and communications in areas of supervisory responsibility.
- Oversee and promote retention activities for the college, providing opportunities for faculty, staff, students and alumni to participate in these activities.
- Develop and recommend budgets for areas of responsibility and monitor allocation of resources.
- Serve as International Student Advisor and Primary Designated School Official (PDSO).
- Coordinate the Multiple Measures of assessment/placement process.
- Coordinate the Prior Learning Assessment process.
- Provide advising services – especially to special populations.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Affairs
Qualifications:Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
Extensive knowledge of current practices in advising, including the Guided Pathways to Student Success model. Ability to effectively lead and manage change. Ability to continually adapt technology to enhance services. Experience with Ellucian's Colleague system helpful. The successful candidate must be organized, flexible, confident, analytical, creative, a self-starter, and be willing to work as a team member within a values-based environment.
A minimum of three years of relevant experience, including advising experience in a post-secondary institution is required.
Required Educational Background:
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
Supplemental Information:Supervise following staff:
Directly supervise the Advising Resource Center Advisors, Career Pathway Advisors, Coordinator of Transfer Pathways Advising, and Coordinator of Professional and Technical Pathways Advising.
Some evening and weekend work required.