Program Assistant V
Program Assistant V
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Assistant V
Under the direction of the Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Studies, the Program Assistant V is responsible for providing administrative assistance and for coordinating projects within the Office of Undergraduate Studies and Programming. The Office of Undergraduate Studies serves a population of over 2,000 undergraduate business students, about 70 undergraduate faculty and 25 staff. The Office of Undergraduate Studies and Programming provides a welcoming and problem-solving approach to business students, staff and faculty. The successful candidate is adaptable, dependable, timely, detail-oriented, customer-focus driven, and a responsive individual with strong collaborative and customer service skills. The Program Assistant V is a key member of the Undergraduate Studies team, reporting directly to the Director of Undergraduate Programming.
The Undergraduate Studies Coordinator will, under the supervision of the Manager and Director of Undergraduate Studies, develop and implement activities within the School of Management (SOM) in an effort to enhance the student experience. Due to the front desk location, the Coordinator will provide initial vetting of the issue, including evaluating and researching the inquiry, as needed, for student, staff, and faculty.
The Program Assistant V - Undergraduate Studies will work to carry out the daily efforts for all undergraduate programming needs, with a focus on efficiency, effectiveness, and excellence in all aspects of the undergraduate student experience. In fulfilling this charge, they will take into account the overall best interests of the School by working with other units to ensure the best and highest use of the School's resources. Furthermore, the Program Assistant V will ensure that the University's Vision, Mission, and Values statement form the foundation of decision-making and action within their duties in the Undergraduate Studies Division.
Supervisor: Director of Undergraduate Studies
Full Job Description:
- On a day-to-day basis, create a warm and welcoming environment and provide excellent customer service; provides front desk support and first point of contact in office, email and via telephone to heavy student, faculty, internal and external stakeholers.
- Provides general oversight and direction to student workers to ensure that high quality customer service and correct answers are provided to students, faculty, and staff inquiries. Monitors student worker productivity and completion of projects assigned by the Associate Director/Director of Undergraduate Studies. Review student workers' drafted response to the Undergraduate Studies' email exchange account; making corrections as needed (training).
- Supervise Student Assistants front office work (under the direction of the Director and Associate Director), which includes participating in hiring process, scheduling, training, task assignment, and monitoring productivity; coordinate student worker generated social media postings for Undergraduate events
- Support the Interdisciplinary Studies Assessment (ISA) Program in collaboration with the Director of Interdisciplinary Studies and the Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Collaborate with supervisor(s) and department chairs to ensure the timely assigning of newly declared business students and transfer students to faculty advisers, monitor Change of Academic Program flow and re-assign students who change majors.
- Manage the UG Studies' events calendar; enter approved events onto the SOM Events Calendar; Provide logistical support for UG-sponsored events. Assists with program event planning and execution.
- Manage the promotional products, maintain the inventory and the organization of the UG Studies storage closet.
- Provides administrative support that shows attention to detail and anticipates the department's needs; ability to proactively minimize or eliminate problems before they arise.
- Assist with the procurement and payment processing, and travel planning, expense report submission and budget tracking.
- Create and develop office procedures to be recommended to the Director of Undergraduate Studies in order to increase efficiency and establish and maintain procedure manuals
- Plan coordinate and execute meetings including invitations, room reservation, catering, preparing and distributing agendas, presentations, and post-meeting documents.
- Assist with publications, especially event flyers and programs, and website management with basic proficiency in design and web editing software. Draft the weekly student Newsletter for supervisor's review.
- Format documents and presentations, proofread, handle scanning, faxing, mailings, office supply procurement and other administrative tasks upon request
- Front office reception, front office student advising flow check-in, tracking, logistics, in-person adviser assignments, removing advising holds, determines when to escalate inquiries up the chain of command and referring to the appropriate party.
- Assisting with all aspects of registration, peak registration and advising weeks, department events (Dean's Awards, Orientations, Scholarship reviews, Academic Advising, end of term wrap up and graduation). May be required to work after hours (comp. time or adjusted schedule to be arranged with supervisor).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a senior support role or related education. One or more years of customer service-focused/administrative experience.
- Must be able to communicate professionally, appropriately, and effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of internal and external constituents.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, accountable, and able to follow through on assignments.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, faculty, department administrators, and the public. Ability to deal with conflict while maintaining relationships.
- Must have related experience in applying problem solving and customer service skills to a diverse clientele.
- Ability to provide accurate information and develop a thorough understanding of the policies, general regulations and office procedures and correctly apply them to the tasks of maintain policies and procedures in a friendly and customer-service driven manner.
- Must have a positive and professional attitude and be able to work well individually as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, new initiatives and expectations with a positive can-do attitude.
- Tech friendly/enthusiastic personality; ability to learn and utilize computer software Screenflow video editing, Drupal Website, Emma newsletter software, Canva (flyer software), Prezi (power point software)} for department needs. Knowledge of, and competency in (preferred) Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint' ability to learn Ellucian Banner and maintain competency.
- Must be able to enforce policies while maintaining and communicating with a solutions-oriented positive attitude and pleasant demeanor.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills and follow-through. Must be able to concentrate and maintain a high level of productivity throughout the entire workday despite frequent interruptions and frequent team collaborations. Ability to perform multiple tasks, determine the priority, and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time during the workday.
- Able to proactively seek direction when needed and proactively communicate problem, risks, project status and completion updates with supervisors and colleagues.
- Ability to successfully work in ambiguous and limited resources environments with a positive can-do and solution oriented attitude.
- Self-motivated, ability to take a proactive approach to work that needs to be done, initiating projects from start to completion, and work productively while both collaboratively and/or independently.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-V_R0001139.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency