Business - Statistics & Analytical Business :: Associate (Part-time) Instructor :: Fall 2019
Business - Statistics & Analytical Business :: Associate (Part-time) Instructor :: Fall 2019
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department: Business
Position Type: Associate (part-time) Faculty
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: Please select Salary Schedules to the left on the navigation bar.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We strongly advise you to read the FAQ and the information on "How to Apply" before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following:
1. A completed application for academic employment
2. A cover letter that (a) addresses how your qualifications align with the representative duties and desirable qualifications listed in this job posting and (b) discusses methods, theories, or technologies especially relevant to your teaching style.
3. A resume/CV summarizing your educational background and experience.
4. Transcripts of ALL college coursework (legible unofficial transcripts are acceptable but must state that the degree has been awarded if applicable); transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States must be accompanied by a detailed evaluation from a formal evaluation agency; applicants wishing to claim equivalence to the minimum qualifications must also follow the instructions and guidelines at www.miracosta.edu/hr/downloads/Equivalency_008.pdf and submit appropriate equivalency documents. Applicants will not be contacted unless selected for interview. Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon: 1) submission of a current TB test clearance, 2) proof of eligibility to work in the United States, 3) fingerprint clearance, and 4) submission of official transcripts indicating appropriate degree(s) awarded or submission of a valid appropriate California Community College teaching credential.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources office at 760.795.6854.
Basic Function and Other Details:
Principle responsibilities include teaching statistics and related courses within the business curriculum at both the skill based and transfer level. The successful candidate for this assignment will have both relevant experiences in the quantitative field and expertise in teaching courses in analytical based business courses, including, but not limited to, statistics, operations management, supply-chain management, and other courses as added to the business curriculum, including both on ground and online modalities.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching classes as assigned by the area dean; maintaining thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her discipline; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content and assessing student achievement.
Adherence to District policies and procedures is expected.
- Provide instruction in one or more areas of the Business program, primarily in the separate area of business statistics and courses focused on the development of analytical business skills, both in the transfer level and employment preparatory classes.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relevant instructional support materials for both on ground and online delivery of courses within the Business program.
- Maintain currency of curriculum for all instructional modalities and courses offered within the Business program and actively participate in the development of new business curricula in collaboration with other business instructors in accordance with advisory board recommendations.
- Participate in the development, assessment, and evaluation of student learning outcomes (SLOs), program level outcomes (PLSOs), and institutional level outcomes (ISLOs).
- Assist in recruiting students and promoting the business program through participation in college-sponsored events, student clubs, engaging the business community, and educational outreach.
Type of Benefits:
Enrollment in the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
The transcripts you are attaching to provide evidence that you meet the minimum qualifications below must state the degree title, major, and date awarded.
If your degree major EXACTLY matches the degree majors listed below, you do not need to request equivalency. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts; Major: Business". Minimum qualifications listed below: Master's in Business.
If your degree major DOES NOT EXACTLY match the degree majors listed below, you must REQUEST EQUIVALENCY. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts; Major: Business Information Systems". This exact degree title is not listed below, so does not directly meet minimum qualifications.
Master's degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing, or business education;
OR Bachelor's degree in any of the above AND a Master's degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or J.D. or LL.B. degree;
OR Bachelor's degree in economics with a business emphasis AND a Master's degree in personnel management, public administration, or J.D. or LL.B. degree;
OR a valid appropriate California Community College Credential in the discipline area;
OR the equivalent.*
AND have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
*Applicants wishing to claim equivalence to the minimum qualifications must also follow the instructions and guidelines at www.miracosta.edu/hr/downloads/Equivalency_008.pdf.
Degrees and applicable college coursework must be from an accredited institution (a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Dept of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation).
If your degree/coursework is from a college or university anywhere outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A partial list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
Possession of a professional certification in the data analytics or financial analysis field (such as Six Sigma). Relevant successful business employment in one of the following areas: financial analysis, data analysis, informatics, operations, quality, supply-chain management, lean manufacturing, logistics, project management, or operations management. Academic preparation in statistics, including research methods. Recent experience and demonstrated success in teaching statistics at the college level. Ability to successfully coordinate and implement multiple course sections and teaching modalities. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic communication. Demonstrated skill in applying current technology in the instruction of statistics, such as Excel as well as teaching and learning platforms by publishers. Demonstrated ability to work closely and collaboratively with students and colleagues in support of a positive, productive, and professional academic environment. Commitment to the community college mission of providing lower division instruction and career and technical education for students of diverse abilities, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
First Screening Date: Applications received by Monday, June 3, 2019 will receive first consideration.
Human Resources Contact Information:
[email protected] or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 114 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, and parts of Camp Pendleton.
MiraCosta offers undergraduate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities, as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomanufacturing.
The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving approximately 10,500 students, is located on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, and attracts more than 3,000 students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 2,500 students in the college's noncredit programs including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes. The Technology Career Institute (TCI) in Carlsbad is part of the college’s Career Education Department. It offers our local community members the opportunity to enhance their lives and their careers with low-cost, hassle-free classes, workshops, and programs, as well as certificate programs to train skilled workers in industries such as high-tech manufacturing, maritime technology, and emerging technologies. The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) located at the TCI provides resources, workshops, and leadership programs for small businesses and serves all of North San Diego and Imperial Counties. The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC), also located at the TCI, provides entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling, and mentoring, as well as referrals for eligible veterans and military spouses owning or considering starting a small business enterprise in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Imperial Counties.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency