6953 Analyst/Programmer - Career, College of Health and Human Services Dean's Office
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on May 17, 2019. To receive full consideration, apply by May 16, 2019. The position will remain open until filled. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, permanent (probationary) position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
The Analyst/Programmer - Career, will provide support for computer technology needs throughout the College of Health and Human Services; specifically with regard to web site development and maintenance, accessibility compliance, graphic design, and database management. Ability to coordinate efforts and apply consultative skills to determine user needs, and to communicate technology systems and solutions to end users. Incumbent must have understanding of and ability to implement complex requirements associated with Web Accessibility Standards and the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act as it pertains to web design and management.
For more information regarding College of Health and Human Services, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $4,809 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,372 - $10,478 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
To enter this classification, a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis and related programming support functions is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience. Foundation knowledge and skills for the Analyst/Programmer, depending on the position assignment, may include working knowledge of a specific industry standard applications programming language and knowledge of standard systems analysis techniques.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Ability to create graphical interface design and artistic web design using web editors.
- Knowledge in basic graphics design utilizing tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Publisher, and/or Adobe Photoshop/Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of accessibility compliance regulations and familiarity with Compliance Sheriff.
- Must have experience in using basic internet tools such as SSH and ftp.
- Knowledge of client/server technologies, structured programming techniques, data structure design and relational database concepts.
- Ability to design data structures to maximize efficiency and flexibility.
- Ability to write simple programs using multiple applications and databases and the ability to translate from one database format to another.
- Responsibility for maintaining content management system software, including but not limited to WordPress interface. Coordinates, monitors, organizes, troubleshoots and deploys security updates and patches. Familiarity with cPanel.
- Experience with multimedia programming including integration of existing interactive web casting (streaming video) and various distance learning technologies.
- Experience with UNIX.
- Ability to advise and coordinate the efforts of a diverse group of individuals with varying skill levels, to maintain websites and their associated compliance requirements.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.