Athletics Business Office Travel & Finance Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator II)
Job Title: Athletics Business Office Travel & Finance Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator II)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13719
Job Code: 1035 Administrative Support Coordinator -12 Month
Job Grade: Coordinator II
Department: Athletics Department
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $3,115 - $3,500 per month
Note: This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Athletic Director for Athletics Business Operations, the Athletics Business Office (ABO) Finance & Travel Coordinator is required to use initiative and judgement in analyzing information and determining a course of action within the specifications of standard practice and established guidelines. Work is usually performed without direct verification or check. The ABO Finance & Travel Coordinator, is responsible to know all processes, related regulations, policies and procedures with the business office including travel policies and auditing all cash advances and reimbursements, including making mathematical calculations to make corrections as necessary. The ABO Finance & Travel Coordinator acts as a liaison between department, Procurement, and outside vendors in the procurement process. In addition, this position compiles and analyzes data used in financial statements and reports.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
- Provide administrative and financial support to the Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Business Operations.
- Provide travel planning assistance to sports without full-time director of operations position. This may include, but is not limited to, securing and booking hotels, ground transportation, commercial flights, and restaurants.
- Provide administrative support for Baseball, Lacrosse, and Soccer.
- Conduct periodic surprise petty cash/change fund counts of the Athletic Ticket Office.
- Assist with Preparing bids and financial reports for hosting NCAA or conference events.
- Submit post-season travel financial information to NCAA and conferences within established deadlines.
- Ensures proper payment of buses, flights, hotels, catering, and other travel expenses including travel advances and reimbursements.
- Assist with developing annual travel budgets for all sports.
- Prepare and post Journal Entries to the general ledger.
- Assist with the preparation of Athletic Corporation financial statements and reports.
- Responsible for assisting with relocation expenses for new employees in accordance with Athletic Corporation policy. This may include arranging temporary lodging, ground transportation, air fare, etc.
- Responsible for processing travel applications and distributing travel application advances for team travel and recruit campus visitation after Compliance approval. Assist with year-end financial closing.
- Assist with annual fiscal audit and other special audits.
- Assist with ensuring that all financial transactions are in compliance with NCAA, Mountain West Conference and University rules and regulations.
- Assists the Assistant Athletic Director with compiling information for EADA and NCAA financial reports.
- Responsible for ensuring financial records are retained as detailed in the Athletic Corporation Records retention policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of NCAA travel policies and procedures
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fundamental communication skills, including a thorough knowledge of English grammar usage, spelling, and punctuation
- Active problem-solving and effective interpersonal skills
- Effective communication, presentation, organizational, and team building skills.
- Detailed oriented and ability to work on several projects simultaneously, set priorities, meet deadlines, and problem-solve
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to:
- Manage multiple work priorities in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Understand, interpret and apply university policies and regulations
- Follow directions and work independently
- Review documents and computer generated reports to identify, trace, and make necessary corrections
- Reconcile documents and post to journals, registers, and ledgers as needed
- Assist with modifications and documentation of departmental procedures
- Maintain files and records
- Exercise tact, courtesy, alertness, and good judgment in responding to others
- Apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop solutions
- Work effectively with faculty, students, and staff from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four years of administrative support experience
- Experience using a data management system (e.g., PeopleSoft Financials or similar)
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or closely related field
- California State University or other higher education experience or other government experience
- Demonstrated history of providing excellent Customer Service
- Experience working in an intercollegiate athletics department or as a former student-athlete
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules
- Experience maintaining and tracking receipts and expenditures, as well as tracking other types of financial documents and records
Applications received by May 16, 2019 will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and given full consideration by the hiring manager and/or search committee. Qualified applicants received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the hiring manager and/or search committee.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.