Admissions Manager Online
Job location: UT Salt Lake City
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-02
The Admissions Manager works with leadership to manage the new student enrollment process and ensure achievement of all performance objectives. Under limited supervision, the Admissions Manager is responsible for the direct management of the admissions department, to include all Admissions Officers and administrative support staff. The Admissions Manager is also responsible for all associated new student recruitment, enrollment and operational activities. The Admissions Manager is a member of the campus’ management team and serves as a liaison with the campus’ other departments.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the new student recruitment and enrollment process, including, as necessary, working with new and prospective students directly.
- Supervise and coach Admissions Officers on the establishment of relationships with prospective students and how to guide prospective students through the admissions process.
- Review corporate reports daily.
- Actively monitor and report on Admissions Officer recruitment activities.
- Ensure all new student applications are accurately entered into the University’s Student Information System in a timely manner.
- Ensure University admissions standards and ethical expectations are communicated to new employees and upheld at all times.
- Foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork among Admissions Officers and all campus departments.
- Ensure timely feedback to Admissions Officers on performance and student quality.
- Enforce all policies relating to the acceptance and subsequent registration process of new students entering the University.
- Work with campus leadership team to schedule new student orientation and online orientation sessions as well as implement other campus directives.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including the Business Office, Academics, and the University Registrar’s Office.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated management experience including the ability to motivate and lead a team in a fast-paced, service-driven environment is highly preferred.
- Proven customer service, higher education admissions or related experience required
- Must be a skilled manager and mentor.
- Must be able to make strategic business decisions and delegate responsibilities appropriately within a team.
- Must possess strong leadership, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be an independent thinker who takes the initiative to proactively solve problems.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be focused on achieving optimum levels of service while maintaining high ethical standards in compliance with University policies and government regulations.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to prospective and newly enrolling students
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel 10% of time
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]