Patient Care Technician OR
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-15
Responsible for rendering technical patient care and assistance to an assigned patient population under the supervision of a higher level health care professional in the main operating room and/or satellite areas.
- Interacts with patients in an appropriate manner.
- Adheres to basic sterile technique practices.
- Assists in the maintenance of a safe environment for patients self and staff.
- Recognizes the importance of time sensitive issues.
- Supports operating room procedures.
- Maintains patient positioning devices.
- Demonstrates proper room cleaning/turnover.
- Interfaces effectively with peers and customers and assumes responsibility for professional development of self and others per departmental policy.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of technical patient care.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School or Equivalent.
Experience: No experience required
Licensure: American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required. If hired after March 10, certified to practice as a Nurse Assistant in the Commonwealth of Virginia or currently enrolled student nurse who has successfully completed the Medical/Surgical Clinical Experience and Didactic required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping/walking, reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, cold, radiation, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.