Administrative Support Coordinator I
Job Title: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13716
Job Code: 1035 Administrative Support Coordinator -12 Month
Job Grade: Coordinator I
Department: Financial Aid and Scholarships
Salary Range: $2,846 - $4,998 per month (Anticipated hiring salary: $2,846 per month)
Note: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt positionvar RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Organizational DescriptionThe Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships supports the University by administering and/or coordinating all student financial aid programs at California State University, Fresno. The office is responsible for administering federal, state, institutional, and scholarship aid in excess for $250,000,000 annually to approximately 80% of the student.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
This position provides administrative support under the direction of the Director. Performs a variety of administrative and technical duties to help the office perform daily operations. Performs a full range of activities in support of the Financial Aid and Scholarships office including communicating with staff and students.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$2','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$2');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Provide support to the day to day operations of the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office Serve as a backup to the reception area deskCoordinate office purchasing, leave calendar, conference room scheduleAssist Director with hiring procedures for full-time staffAct as Safety Coordinator for the officeAssist with maintenance of the Fresno State Financial Aid and Scholarships websiteCoordinate outreach events and calendarAssist with tracking of campus wide consumer information requirements tied to financial aidAssist with updating, ordering and/or printing of office publicationsMaintain strict confidentiality if all student information in compliance with FERPA regulationsAssist with student communicatoins sent through various formats, Fresno Messenger, social media and email
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, polies, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages (Microsoft Office Suite or related software, email, calendar, etc.)
- Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects
- Apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exits
- Perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections
- Draft and compose correspondence and standard reports
- Handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature
- Work effectively as a team member
Education and Experience
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program or their equivalents
- Three years of related office work experience
- A history of regular attendance, responsible work habits, collegiality, and positive performance appraisals
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with a complex data system, preferably PeopleSoft Student
- Experience and knowledge of university/higher education policies and procedures or other complex regulations
- Experience with customer service and dealing with a diverse clientele and in a high pressure environment requiring diplomacy and team participation
- Experience working in a fast-paced customer service environment with frequent interruption
- Experience in handling moderate to complex clerical work assignments involving the use of independent judgment and discretion
- Possession of good oral communication and interpersonal skills
May 15, 2019var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$7','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$7');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$9','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$9');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Temporary positions filled through recruitment may be extended or converted to permanent status without a second recruitment depending on the availability of funding and the circumstances that created the vacancy. A permanent or probationary on-campus applicant selected to fill a temporary vacancy at a higher classification or skill level that expires within the stated timeframe may return to his or her previous classification, not necessarily in the same position, subject to the conditions of the appropriate bargaining agreement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.