Department of Resource Economic
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Part-time, 32-week position [July through January] responsible for administering continuing education workshops presented by the UMass Tax School for Practitioners at eight different sites in MA during November & December annually.
- Determine program material needs with Tax School Director; order workbooks & CDs.
- Design program marketing materials with Tax School Director.
- Arrange meals at workshop conference sites.
- Prepare speaker contracts to Department Administrator for compliance with UMass policy.
- Process registration materials and payment of registration fees.
- Respond to all inquiries for conference information.
- Prepare conference materials and participant portfolios; coordinate bulk mailing materials to UMass Print Services.
- Create email list for workshop participant reminders.
- Maintain participant records and transactions in Access database; provide data summaries and reports upon request.
- Prepare rosters, sign-in and sign-out sheets; prepare instructor invoices to be signed at final workshop.
- Attend two-day workshops for registration set up, distribute materials, collect attendance records and evaluations.
- Record participant IRS, CFP, and MA Insurance credit hours and report to appropriate agencies.
- Create and send program certificates to participants.
- Prepare annual program report; collate & analyze results of Qualtrics program survey.
- Strong ability to establish rapport and maintain harmonious working relationships in serving as public face of the UMass Tax School.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information and to abide by relevant Federal laws.
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with others in accomplishing assigned work objectives.
- Excellent computer software knowledge and data entry management, especially in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Strong ability to create and maintain systems for data/records management.
- Ability with text editing/word processing, especially in Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- On-site coordination of workshops requires overnight stays at seven workshops in November and December (Wednesday-Thursday in first three weeks of November; Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday-Thursday in first two weeks of December).
Special Instruction to Applicants:
Please submit a current CV and short letter of interest when applying.
To apply, please go to: http://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/499839/res-econ-clerical-asst-50-time to apply online.
Application deadline is May 19, 2019.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.