Psychology Resident (Postdoc), Counseling Center
DescriptionJob Purpose: Provide psycho-educational testing, assessment services, and direct counseling to student athletes and counseling center clients. Will provide consultation and outreach support to students and campus groups as well as provide after-hours on-call emergency consultation.Major Responsibilities:
- Provide initial screening and new intakes.
- Provide individual, group, and couples counseling sessions.
- Provide psycho-educational testing and assessments for GT students.
- Provide crisis intervention and after-hours emergency on-call coverage as needed.
- Provide outreach and consultation to the GT campus community.
- Provide supervision and training for graduate-level practicum students and pre-doctoral interns.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Advance Doctoral degrees such as a Ph.D. or Psy.D. is required.
- Work Experience: Two to three years previous experience in a college or university counseling center.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This position requires a working knowledge in conducting psycho-educational, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disorder assessments. Working knowledge of Federal privacy laws and documentation requirements related to disability and reasonable accommodations in higher education settings. The ability to work collaboratively with others within other departments and demonstrate cultural competency when working with a diverse student population.
- Preferred Education: Doctoral degree in counseling or clinical psychology from and American Psychological Association (APA) accredited program.
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Job: Student Services
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Student Life
Job Posting: May 1, 2019, 2:59:08 PM