Head Athletic Trainer
Posting Date April 30, 2019 Position Title Head Athletic Trainer Vacancy # V-1632 Department Intercollegiate Athletics Division Student Devel And Campus Life Job Description
Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, and in cooperation with the team physician, the Head Athletic Trainer is responsible for the health, safety and injury care of all varsity student-athletes and cheerleaders. The head athletic trainer will participate in evaluating injuries, providing emergency care, rehabilitating injuries and providing follow-up.
- Evaluate injuries and illnesses to determine a course of treatment. Make referrals to appropriate physicians as warranted.
- Arrange for emergency care when needed. Administer the athletic injury emergency plan.
- Provide acute care to injured student-athletes.
- Provide therapeutic modalities and exercise programs for rehabilitation.
- Administer the athletic insurance injury plan. Coordinate the family and university plans. Make referral calls and requests as needed.
- Handle all athletic insurance claims.
- Coordinate athletic training coverage at all home contests.
- Supervise full-time and part-time assistants, graduate assistants, and student trainers.
- Train student employees and graduate assistants.
- Coordinate all medical coverage needs of the Athletic Department.
- Maintain proper records and files on all student-athletes and their treatments.
- Coordinate pre-season physicals for all student-athletes.
- Serve as host for visiting team coaches, athletes, and athletic trainers. Provide care when necessary.
- Coordinate educational programs for coaches and student-athletes.
- Prepare and administer the budget for the athletic training operation.
- Attend and participate in departmental, conference, and university-wide meetings related to duties and responsibilities.
- Serve on departmental, university, conference, regional, and national committees as requested.
- Maintain current certification as an athletic trainer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years of professional athletic training experience.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree supplemented with a Master’s Degree in Athletic Training.
- New Jersey state registration/certification through the State Board of Medical Examiners
- Previous professional supervisory experience
- Knowledge of NCAA Guidelines
(include vacancy # if above)
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).