ASST DIRECTOR RES LIFE
Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleASST DIR RES LIFEPosition Number8101824Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusRogers Park-Lake Shore CampusDepartment NameRESIDENCE LIFELocation CodeRESIDENCE LIFE (03850A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
•Manage training and development programs for student leaders (Resident Assistants) and full-time staff (Resident Directors & Assistant Residence Directors)
•Manage recruitment and selection processes for paraprofessional roles (RAs, Desk Receptionists)
•Directly supervises and evaluates 3-4 full-time professional Resident Directors; indirectly supervises additional Residence Life staff and students.
•Serve in second-level on-call rotation for all residential students to manage all emergencies and crises.
•Serve as a Conduct Administrator and adjudicate high level student conduct cases that occur in the residence halls.
•Forge strong collaborative relationships with an array of offices across campus to recommend policies, design processes, and support initiatives that enhance the residential living experience
•Develop and utilize assessment and research strategies to assist in the implementation of effective services within the department and residence halls.
•Demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the Jesuit mission and the values of Loyola University Chicago, including a commitment to social justice and inclusion.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education/Student affairs or
other related field. Experience managing large-scale processes for a college/university
residence life system.
- Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education/Student affairs or
other related field.
- Candidates with experience managing large-scale processes for a college/university
residence life system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Supervisory or management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and skills in crisis management.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the Jesuit mission of Loyola
Proficient computer skills, ability to use MS Office.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesYesRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? NoPhysical DemandsNoneWorking ConditionsIrregular HoursOpen Date04/30/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/10879Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education/Student affairs or other related field?
- * Do you have experience managing large-scale processes for a college/university housing system?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application