Postdoctoral Research Associate
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E-School Of Engineering & Computing Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will be responsible for developing novel multi-agent sensor fusion based collision avoidance control strategies for autonomous systems operating in coordinated flight corridors. Theoretical and applied research aspects will be addressed. This position will conduct research, supervise laboratory operations, generate publications, assist with grant proposals and mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of faculty, postdocs, undergraduate, and graduate students and must have the demonstrated ability to work to deadlines.
- Develop multi-agent sensor fusion based collision avoidance control strategies for autonomous systems operating in coordinated flight corridors.
- Assist with the integration of algorithms and control strategies into software simulations.
- Implement results in real-time unmanned systems.
- Assist with the integration of an unmanned systems testbed based on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Unmanned Surface Vehicles, and Unmanned Ground Vehicles.
- Write research articles.
- Assist PI with grant proposal writing.
- Supervise students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computational Science or related field.
- Publications in the domain of robotics, unmanned systems, mechatronics, control systems (intelligent, adaptive, optimal control), Multiple Objective Optimization, Linear & Combinatorial Optimization Methods, game theory, cyber-physical systems, artificial intelligence, sensor fusion, Sense-And-Avoid and multi-agents.
- Proficient in MATLAB, Simulink, C, C++, and microcontrollers.
- Familiar with LabView, Software Defined Radios, ROS, FAA UAV rules and regulations, transponders, radio communications, transducers, Inertial Measure Unit sensors, ranging and proximity detection sensors (Lidar, Ultrasonic, ToF).
- Relevant experience in developing prototypes and hands-on projects involving applied research objectives.
- Familiar in one or more areas of control systems including, but not limited to: intelligent control, adaptive control, and optimal control.
- Familiar with multi-agent systems and real-time embedded systems.
- Familiar with robotic platforms such as multi-copter drones, fixed wing drones, or other type of mobile robots.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R-019362
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency