Full-Time Sociology Instructor
POSITION: Full-Time Sociology Instructor
DEPARTMENT: Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Teach a broad range of Sociology courses determined by the evolving needs of the department. Typical load is five classes per semester each semester, five days a week.
- Experience teaching diverse students at various levels of college-preparedness and non-traditional students is highly desirable.
- Candidate responsible for academic outcomes assessment, data collection and analysis reports.
- Master’s Degree in Sociology or at least 18 hours graduate credit in Sociology.
- Two years teaching experience. Candidate should be versed in teaching courses in Introduction to Sociology, Social Problems, Marriage and the Family and Juvenile Delinquency sociology courses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as exemplified in their instructional design and teaching experience.
- College teaching experience required.
- Experience with academic outcomes assessment, data collection, and analysis reports.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Doctorate degree or admission into a Doctorate Program in Sociology.
- 4-5 years teaching experience teaching at a community college and clinical experience.
This is a regular full-time faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience
BEGINNING DATE: August 15, 2019
APPLICATION June 15, 2019
APPLICATION Please submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to: [email protected]
Office of Human Resources