CES Case Writing Fellow
CES Case Writing Fellow
Job Number: 82942
This is a one-year fixed term position, September 2019 through August 2020, available for extension.
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Stanford Graduate School of Business is looking to hire (2) full-time CES Case Writing Fellows. Working under the general direction of faculty or other management, CES Case Writing Fellows support the GSB's entrepreneurial curriculum by creating new cases for entrepreneurship courses including: Formation of New Ventures, Managing Growing Enterprises, Industrialist's Dilemma, and many other courses. Case Writers revise, update, and improve existing cases.
Case Writers gather and synthesize information to develop cases that meet the teaching need identified by the faculty member. Information gathering includes interviewing senior company leaders, conducting research about the company and its industry, and evaluating company and competitor financial information and strategic actions. Case Writers collaborate closely with entrepreneurship faculty to synthesize the information gathered and write a case study that delivers on critical teaching goals.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Write and/or edit complex content for cases, teaching notes, and other program activities.
- Gather and synthesize complex information used to create the cases by: conducting research activities and interviews with senior company leaders, analyzing data, reviewing trends, and writing final case studies.
- Provide grading and administration assistance for courses. Create and/or advise in the development of curriculum.
- Contribute to and inform on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three or more years of relevant experience or combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization (entrepreneurship).
- Ability to oversee and direct staff.
- Basic knowledge of managing budgets and developing financial plans.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Strong preference given to candidates who are recent (1-5 years) Stanford MBA or MSx graduates who took multiple entrepreneurial courses during their educational experience, thus having familiarity with Stanford Graduate School of Business' recent entrepreneurial curriculum.
- Outstanding demonstrated writing ability
- Ability to skillfully conduct interviews to gather insights and information
- Strong academic record
- Solid financial skills
- Ability to work independently
- Success in one or more entrepreneurship courses
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4112
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 82942
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency