About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-053
Posting Start Date: 4/30/2019
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: 20.81 p/h
Embedded TutorDescription/Job Summary
- Attend all classes with students and maintain effective communications with the course instructor to discuss student progress, assess student needs, get feedback, and generates notes and model note-taking skills from course content.
- Facilitate and organize the structure out of the class group and individual tutoring sessions to include clarifying course concepts and developing study skills.
- Facilitate individual student mastery of key concepts presented in class through practical exercises and demonstrations which reinforce important definitions, rules, skills, and processes.
- Provide guidance on effective learning strategies to maximize the student’s potential for academic progress and Assist students in becoming successful, independent learners.
- Maintain appropriate correspondence with students regarding course and tutoring information.
- Create workshop modules to include handouts, an instruction guide, a PowerPoint presentation, and web links for further information.
- Prepare practice materials and worksheets to include in the Resource Library.
- Maintain course and tutoring required records.
- Maintain tutoring session attendance records.
- Attend meetings/tutor training as required and participate in the Faculty Institute.
- Maintain a professional working environment in the classroom and tutoring centers.
- Two years of college or an Associate
- One year tutoring experience
- Post-secondary developmental education tutoring in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in the subject area
- Teaching experience
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail