Alumni Manager, 10,000 Small Business Grant
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Alumni Manager, 10,000 Small Businesses Grant position. As part of a grant funded training program dedicated to job creation and revenue growth for small business owners and entrepreneurs, the Alumni Manager will primarily serve graduated and graduating program participants (“scholars”), a community that is close to 500 scholars in the Philadelphia region and growing. Under the direction of the program's Executive Director, and in collaboration with the 10KSB team, the Alumni Manager will further the growth potential of program alumni through social media activities, specialized programming, and targeted awards and promotions for the Philadelphia alumni. Covered engagement activities include value-added continued learning opportunity and support services to include additional educational programing, business training, workshops, networking, and capital acquisition strategies. The Alumni Manager is also responsible for the site's measurement and evaluation (M&E) systems, analysis and tracking. The Alumni manager will utilize key metrics in assessing the progress of alumni post-graduation. By creating a robust alumni community, the Alumni Manager is an integral part of helping graduated scholars continue to achieve revenue and job growth, and help drive visibility and interest in the program for the benefit of other qualified businesses.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in small business training consulting, or ownership required.
• Knowledge of the Philadelphia region small business and economic development landscape.
• Understanding of traditional and non-traditional capital acquisition resources/strategies affiliated with small business growth and expansion.
• Demonstrated expertise in the use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and other social media for communication and program promotion.
• Knowledge and understanding of the comprehensive community college mission.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
• Excellent planning, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to meet multiple deadlines in a structured environment of reporting.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with alumni, broader program team, and local community partners required.
• Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and effective problem solving skills required.
• Ability to work early mornings and evenings, as needed, is required.
• Ability to work effectively with the program team and alumni, external community and program partners.
• Must have a history of being a strong team player.
• Goal oriented with the ability to demonstrate a commitment to the program outcomes required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Bachelor's degree with a concentration in business related area preferred.
• Advanced degree in business or related field preferred.
• Experience with conceiving, planning, driving interest, and executing workshops and activities for Alumni scholars preferred.