Effat University’s College of Architecture and Design – Visual & Digital Production Department invites applications for full-time faculty positions at the ranks of Assistant/Associate /Full professor in Animation/Film Production /Interactive Media/ Screenwriting starting in August 2018. The positions are available immediately and applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Successful candidates are expected to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in the area of specialization using practical innovative methods, complement and enhance the research activities of the department and College of Architecture and Design with their own creative and scholarly activities, supervise student research thesis/projects, and publish in top notch journals in their field.
1. Role Purpose - Basic Function is to Plan, deliver and evaluate writing courses
To plan, deliver and evaluate creative and innovative teaching and learning in the area of Creative Writing preferably for film and Videos, for the department’s own students’ projects. To contribute towards the planning and effective running of the curriculum and department. To adhere to and administrate Safety policies and procedures. To assist in the creating and distribution of media product and the promotion and screening of film work at internal and external events.
2. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- teach Writing skills for narrative, documentary and commercial media projects
- assist in the management and development of Media Production assets and facilities
- assume a leadership role in select Media Production initiatives such as the annual Student Showreel
- contribute to the overarching strategic growth of the screenwriting track and the whole department.
- Execute a long term peer-reviewed creative activity agenda resulting in a regional or national reputation in the candidate’s area of expertise.
3. Performs other Job Related Duties as Assigned
- Liaison with external agencies and industry i.e. Connections and employers, local studios, venues and media production companies, etc.
- Participating in quality management and final standards assessment, in line with university board criteria.
- To assist with the recruitment, admission, enrolment and induction of learners onto the course/subject.
4. Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
Applicants must have BA/BFA/BSc, MA/MFA/MSc and PhD degree in one of the audiovisual media fields (Animation/Film Production /Interactive Media/ Screenwriting), from accredited university with at least five years of teaching experience at graduate and undergraduate levels. An ideal candidate must be committed to high quality teaching, outstanding research and strong publication record, ability to generate research funds and have strong relation with the industry, with very good management and leadership qualifications, communication, interpersonal, professional skills and proficiency in English language.
The instructor is to possess teaching experience at the university level, and have a record of peer-reviewed creative activity reflecting an emphasis in cinematography.
All applicants must submit the covering letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and research interests, sample of publications, and three letters of reference by email to [email protected] and College of Architecture and Design Recruitment Committee [email protected]
The faculty recruitment committee will review the received applications immediately, and will continue until the positions are filled.