Rancho Cucamonga, CA
5/21/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, the Systems Specialist organizes and coordinates development of computer systems, application programs, and ad hoc queries for the college district; works closely with user departments to monitor, maintain, and enhance the administrative system applications, assists with MIS reporting; develops test plans and strategies as a result of changes to the database system; provides backup support for the Training Coordinator and the Computer Services Specialist.
• Implement, test and support administrative applications, programs, and processes.
1. Develop test strategies to validate changes in processes, tables, setup tables, and rules.
2. Develop sample-testing records/criteria on test database prior to implementation and run applications/processes against them to ensure adequate performance.
3. Develop and maintain documentation standards and technical procedures and participate in testing and debugging of all new district systems and programs.
• Provide internal customer assistance.
1. Consult with users and vendors in diagnosing and solving all software and data related problems.
2. Work closely with end user departments to monitor, maintain, and enhance administrative system applications, programs, and processes.
3. Create, test, and debug ad hoc reports.
4. Meet with user departments to assist them in preparing requests for new services and defining objectives, problems, and benefits to be derived from a new or modified system.
• Assist in the performance of daily operations.
1. Develop and assign appropriate security classes for database access; set up new accounts and users.
2. Assist with MIS reporting.
3. Create virtual fields as necessary to support reporting.
• Participate in the analysis and development of new administrative system technologies.
1. Help to create data standards and procedures for the introduction of new system/module components.
2. Recommend changes in business operations to effectively utilize administrative software system resources based on cost benefit and feasibility studies.
3. Analyze complex computer systems in conjunction with user's needs and specifications; recommend the best approach with respect to conformance to overall strategic plan and physical design standards.
• Provide backup support during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
1. Provide backup for Computing Services Specialist.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Associate's degree and one year of related, progressively responsible and independent full-time experience in an information technology services environment; or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Experience with a higher education enterprise resource planning system (e.g. example Ellucian Colleague, Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft).
• Experience using query tools to develop ad hoc reports.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop effective work methods and meet short deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and develop an effective course of action.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely, both verbally and in writing with various levels of college community, including the ability to exercise patience, tact, and good judgment in dealing with end users.
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation,and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Working hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm. Must be willing to work varying schedules including evenings and weekends.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
• Cover Letter
• Copy of college level transcripts (if you are using your education to meet the qualifications)(photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position located at the Rancho Cucamonga Campus.Start date: as soon as possible. Range33 of the CSEA Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A, $5,965/month. Excellent benefits package.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency