Research Staff - Darrin Freshwater Institute
Job DetailsPosition Information Position TitleResearch Staff - Darrin Freshwater InstituteAdvertised TitleResearch Staff - Darrin Freshwater InstituteLocationLake George, NYSearch NumberR19-00140Full Time/Part TimeFull TimePortfolioDivision of ResearchBusiness UnitDarrin Freshwater Institute (DFWI)Job Summary
The Darrin Fresh Water Institute is an Institute-Wide Center with a mission of conducting research in the realm of freshwater and the environment. Prominent among its research endeavors is “The Jefferson Project at Lake George,” which is a joint project between Rensselaer, IBM, and the FUND for Lake George with a mission of using an unprecedented array of new tools to fuse monitoring, modeling, simulation, forecasting, and experimentation to inform decision making that leads to the lasting protection of Lake George. View our YouTube video for more information.
The Center has multiple opportunities for talented post-doctoral researchers, research scientists, and technicians to contribute to its mission at all levels. Hiring will depend upon candidate qualifications and experience as well as the current needs of the Center.Minimum Qualifications
Post-doctoral researchers must possess at minimum, a Ph.D. or foreign degree equivalent in the fields of biology, ecology, evolution, fisheries, or limnology, or a closely related field.
Research Scientists must possess at minimum, a M.S. or foreign degree equivalent in the fields of in the fields of biology, ecology, evolution, fisheries, or limnology, or a closely related field.
Research Specialists must possess at minimum, a B.S. or foreign degree equivalent in the fields of biology, ecology, evolution, fisheries, or limnology, or a closely related field.
Research Assistants or Technicians must possess an educational background in a field related to fields of biology, ecology, evolution, fisheries, or limnology.Preferred QualificationsMinimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and ability to pay strict attention to research protocol
- Ability to organize and work on multiple complex tasks.
- Computer literacy, including ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data
- Ability to collect, record, analyze and interpret data using appropriate field specific systems, equipment and techniques
- Ability to set up and conduct sound experimental procedures
Applications will be considered in light of the current needs and funding of the Darrin Freshwater Institute.Additional InformationInstructions for ApplyingQuicklinkhttp://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/8024Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three (3) or more references
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you currently employed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?