Interim Dean, School of Professional Psychology and Health
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,500 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The Dean provides overall budgetary, curricular, and personnel leadership and direction to the School of Professional Psychology and Health in accordance with the mission and strategic plan of CIIS. The Dean oversees the School's master's and doctoral programs and ensures that specialized certification requirements are met and maintained. Reporting directly to the Provost, the Dean represents the School on the Academic Leadership Team and participates in committees and ad hoc groups that affect the viability and strategic planning of the School.
The position is interim, with the possibility of a permanent appointment for the right match. As an interim position, there is some flexibility with hours and schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advises the Provost on all matters pertaining to the School of Professional Psychology and Health
- Provides oversight and management of School resources; working with the chairs of the departments in the School, the Dean has the authority to make administrative decisions regarding workload, scheduling, curriculum, and budget
- Works with the faculty and the Director of Field Placement and Clinics to provide oversight and direction for the clinics providing training and direct services
- Manages the shared Master of Counseling Psychology courses, including the hiring and evaluation of adjunct faculty
- Maintains an environment that fosters faculty commitment to both teaching and scholarship
- Leads school initiatives related to teaching, learning, curriculum development, and outcomes assessment
- Oversees the recruitment and retention of students
- Supervises the hiring and review of all personnel
- Supports faculty efforts to obtain external grants
The Dean also is responsible for some teaching assignments within in the School of Professional Psychology and Health.
- An earned doctorate in psychology, marriage and family therapy or counseling from an accredited institution of higher education is required
- Licensed or license eligible
- Successful administrative and/or academic leadership
- A record of teaching, scholarship, and service
- Personal and professional integrity
- Vision and the ability to collaboratively engage constituent groups in strategic initiatives
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to build upon and articulate the strengths of programs and faculty
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.