Administrative Faculty - General Education Program
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-29
The Administrative Faculty- General Education (GE) teaches a minimum of 9 units per academic year and coordinates the VPAAs, Faculty and Program Managers in all academic programs to coordinate the GE program. This position requires professionalism, diplomacy, discretion and integrity in all areas of responsibility. The position represents Academic Affairs while cultivating and maintaining positive working relationships with key people and entire departments throughout the College, and our community partners. The responsibilities of this position extend toward greater service to the College.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. This administration faculty position with oversee the entire GE program at the Pacific Oaks College in San Jose, Online, Off-site cohorts and in Pasadena.
- Teach various courses in the GE program
- Serve as lead faculty for the GEN ED courses.
- Oversee CLE process as the CLE coordinator.
- Curriculum Development and competency evaluations of courses.
- Develop and collect assessment data for the General Education Program.
- Provide LMS support and training for GE adjunct faculty
- Collaborate closely with the VPAA and lead faculty of all BA programs in the department, in order to individualize the experience of the students in their GE course of study.
- Assist the VPAA with information sessions/workshops for prospective students.
- Participate on Institutional Planning and Policy Committees as needed, in additional to Faculty Senate committees.
- Attend and Participate in GE-related conferences and training(s)
- Serves on faculty committee(s), college committees and Faculty Senate.
- Support Academic Advising department and Faculty Advisors on GE course scheduling and individual education plans for BA students
- Manages in recruiting, orienting, and training adjunct faculty.
- Supports the student registration process for on-campus courses each semester.
- Monitors students who withdraw from courses and improves processes to increase retention; monitors registrations to ensure accuracy in academic advising.
- Utilizes Microsoft Office, CampusVue, and Canvas to produce documents and interpret data; monitors online orientation completion and continually reviews and updates the content.
- Serves on the student conduct committee.
- Assists in the inventory, ordering and distribution of instructor material.
- Assists in compiling book order, stocking books, and book inventories. Works with Program Manager on master book list.
- Participation in orientation information sessions, GE admission interviews, program planning and faculty trainings.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, writing, and editorial and project management skills.
- Must have the ability to work with teams and collaborate with others.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with students, administration, faculty, adjunct faculty, professional consultants and representatives from all levels of management while maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate knowledge about general education curriculum.
- Available to work a 5-day work week
- Education: doctoral degree
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in higher education required
- Knowledge about general education programs and alignment with WSCUC Core Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with technology such as, MS Office (Word and Excel) Go-to-Meetings, and Canvas
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.