Student Life Coordinator & Registrar - Chicago Semester
Trinity Christian College seeks a full—time Student Life Coordinator and Registrar for the Chicago Semester Program. The Student Life Coordinator & Registrar serves as the coordinator for all day-to-day operations of the Chicago Semester program. The coordinator works collaboratively with Chicago Semester staff to implement top-notch programming for our students. The coordinator also develops and maintains positive working relationships with our supporting and affiliate colleges to allow for seamless communication and support of students. The coordinator is part of a dynamic team of staff committed to the mission of Chicago Semester and our students as they engage urban life and culture.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and organize student life events for 30-60 students enrolled each term (fall, spring, summer), including but not limited to orientation, weekly fine art events, community dinners, and final student celebration.
- Oversee housing relationships, student housing assignments and basic student life issues for the program.
- Oversee key areas of student life including but not limited to gym memberships, fine art ticket distribution, CTA UPasses, and weekly communication with students about Chicago activities.
- Serve as the program registrar for course registration, Moodle enrollment, maintenance of student files in compliance with FERPA regulations, yearly update of program curriculum alignment with partner colleges, collection of grades from faculty, and grade reporting to partner college registrars.
- Support program faculty through Moodle CMS training, management of adjunct contracts, and communication about distribution of SEI evaluations and compiling of end of term assessment data.
- Supervise and manage high school interns from Chicago Christ the King Work-Based Program.
- Work collaboratively with the program’s executive director in administrative areas such as course schedule planning, syllabi collection, purchase of weekly fine art tickets, completion of program data tables, and budgeting.
- Oversee processing and record keeping for program expenses and college billing/student fees. Work closely with the business office in Palos Heights to stay up-to-date on policies in this area.
- Oversee processing and record keeping for program donations and donor database. Work closely with the advancement office in Palos Heights to stay up-to-date on policies in this area.
- Oversee in collaboration with staff at Trinity, IT functions for the program, including Moodle CMS, computer and AV equipment.
- Oversee program space leases and communication with building contacts for both the office and classroom space. Support program faculty in securing classroom space for classes scheduled apart from Wednesday morning.
- Work collaboratively with staff to plan and manage events such as Annual Awards Celebration, Site Supervisor Appreciation Event, and other alumni events.
- Collaborate with program staff in recruitment efforts including but not limited to connecting with prospective students and participating in staff-wide recruitment trips.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other qualifications and education requirements include:
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Experience working in student life, HR, marketing/event planning, or business administration preferred
3. Experience in MS Office Suite, Moodle CMS
4. Commitment to mission of Chicago Semester and mission of Trinity Christian College
5. Commitment to Christian faith
6. Professional expertise and integrity
7. Demonstrated excellence in organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
8. Demonstrated skill in collaboration with colleagues and a variety of constituents
9. Demonstrated strengths in communication, written, verbal, and digital
10. A commitment to learning and developing new skills
11. An appreciation and understanding of a holistic approach to vocation as a joyful response to God’s calling
12. Desire to be part of a collaborative workplace that is committed to students and engagement in urban life and culture
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church