Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee, Licensed RN
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-29
The Robert M. Berne Cardiovascular Research Center seeks multiple Clinical Research Coordinator Trainees (Licensed RN) to perform a wide range of clinical research duties. Incumbent performs analytical, technical, and professional-level work. Incumbent is trained and supervised in the screening and recruitment of subjects for clinical research primarily in cardiology modalities, obtaining informed consent, collection and organization of clinical research data, communication with the IRB and applicable regulatory bodies, interaction with the clinical and research team, and on-going communications with study subjects.
After one year, the incumbent will be reviewed by CVRC management to assess performance based on an established training plan to determine if eligible to be promoted to a CRC - Licensed.
Please attach a resume/CV, cover letter and contact for three references.
- Receive training in proper research protocol compliance and development, including regulatory controls, study procedures, and data management. Work closely with Clinical Research Coordinators and Principal Investigators to learn the full scope of clinical research duties.
- Assist in preparation of documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials, keeping appropriate logs, tracking participants, and preparing study materials.
- Under direct supervision, perform a variety of tasks, such as assisting in recruitment and screening of prospective research participants, obtaining informed consent from study participant, collecting, entering, and analyzing subject data; and compiling reports.
- Process, prepare, and ship laboratory specimens.
- To be promoted, trainees must demonstrate a basic understanding of the clinical research process and the regulations, both federal and local, governing the conduct of clinical research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
The successful licensed candidate is required to have an Associate's degree or higher and RN licensure. All degrees and licensures must be received prior to start date. Although experience is not required, preference will be given to those with healthcare, clinical, or research-based experience. Applicant must have the ability to work in a complex environment; ability to interact with patients, families, physicians, and ancillary personnel as well as research committees and outside sponsor personnel; and the ability to work accurately with attention to detail. Competency in MS Office (Word, Excel) is required.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.