Adjunct Fall 2019 - American Sign Language Interpretation Instructor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Fall 2019 - American Sign Language Interpretation InstructorClassification TitlePosition TypeFacultyDepartmentLiberal ArtsWork LocationMain CampusDuties
Support the goals and mission of the college;
Provide quality instruction to your students; and communicate with your department chair or administrator.
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree (preferred) from a regionally accredited college or university in American Sign Language Instruction, Linguistics, Deaf Studies, ASL-English Interpreter Training, Adult Education, or a related field required.
Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) certification, current Illinois Interpreter for the Deaf License (Advanced or Master).
Prior teaching experience a plus.Position StatusPart TimeHours
Day time and evening sections available.Minimum Starting Rate---Hourly/SalaryOtherReview of Applications Begins05/13/2019 Posting Detail Information Posting NumberFA00363POpen Date04/29/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants
At the time of an interview you will need to bring in a copy of Certifications, Illinois Interpreter License and Transcript.
Please apply online.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chicago Tribune
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- MVCC Website/Posting
- Employee of MVCC
- No Response
- * Are you a State Universities Retirement System (SURS) annuitant and currently receiving a monthly annuity?
- * Do you have the minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in American Sign Language Instruction, Linguistics, Deaf Studies, ASL Interpreting, Adult Education, or a related field?
- * Do you have Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) certification, current Illinois Interpreter for the Deaf License (Advanced or Master)?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document