Assistant Professor for MS Counseling – Wheeling/North Shore Campuses
Posting DetailsPosition Information Tenure Status Non-Tenure Rank Assistant Professor Term Length 10 Months Terminal one year contract No Position Status Full Time Position Title Assistant Professor for MS Counseling – Wheeling/North Shore Campuses Campus Wheeling If other, please specify
Wheeling/North ShorePosition Summary
The College of Professional Studies & Advancement at National Louis University is pleased to announce its search for a full-time faculty member in the Counseling Program beginning Fall 2019. We seek a colleague with expertise in clinical mental health counseling for our CACREP-accredited M.S. in Counseling Program. The program offers advanced graduate training in the fields of Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling.
Responsibilities for this position include teaching, scholarship, and service. Teaching expectations will cover a variety of areas within our school counseling track and foundation courses in clinical mental health counseling track as needed, including courses such as counseling theory and techniques; assessment and diagnosis, and internship/practicum/supervision.
- Earned research or practitioner doctorate (PhD or EdD) in Counselor Education and Supervision or closely related field (preferably from a CACREP-accredited program) required;
- Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) and/or Professional Educator License (PEL) with School Counselor endorsement in Illinois. Candidates who hold both credentials are especially encouraged to apply;
- Minimum of five years of experience in clinical mental health counseling and/or school counseling;
- Evidence of effective teaching;
- Evidence of effective supervision competencies;
- Appropriate professional memberships;
- Evidence of professionalism in working with diverse populations;
- Commitment to experientially based education;
- Evidence of knowledge and experience teaching online courses and using technology in teaching;
- Selection of one or more areas of scholarly work as a research focus (Assistant Professor) or Evidence of scholarly publications (Associate Professor).
- Ability to teach in two or more of the eight (8) CACREP areas;
- Experience in CACREP re-accreditation process and/or CACREP accredited program administration;
- Demonstrated professional leadership.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education completed in discipline or sub-field in which you are applying to?
- Bachelors degree in discipline or sub-field
- 18 graduate semester credits in discipline or sub-field
- Master's degree or higher in discipline or sub-field
- Doctoral degree in discipline or sub-field
- * What is the highest level of education that you completed at an accredited institution of higher education?
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- All-But-Dissertation (ABD) in a Doctoral Program
- Doctoral Degree (PhD, EdD, JD, DBA, etc.)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in USA?
- Cover Letter
- Transcript A
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript B
- Transcript C
- Other (Licenses, Certifications, Etc.)