Ast Inst/Inst Fixed Term
Job descriptionJob no: 568292
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Education
Department: Counseling, Educ Psych & Spec Educ 10014204
Sub Area: FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Faculty, Education/Training, Non-Union
Ast Inst/Inst Fixed TermPosition Summary
The Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology and Special Education at Michigan State University is seeking outstanding candidates for anticipated fixed-term (non-tenure stream) faculty positions in the Master of Arts in Educational Technology program that will be filled on a recurring basis. Primary responsibilities will be teaching and revising online graduate courses and contributing to program assessment and Accreditation. Applicants in this pool are reviewed as needed when the program has an immediate need to fill a vacancy, beginning as early as May 13, 2019.
Position is planned to recur every Spring SemesterRequired Degree
- Master’s degree (Educational Technology, Digital Media, New Media, Computer Science or related field preferred).
- Experience teaching in a K-12 and higher education environment.
- High level of interpersonal, verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Experience with a wide range of computer software, hardware, and computing tools.
- Must be familiar with the following technologies:
- D2L and other learning management systems.
- Wordpress and other open source content management systems Google Apps and other cloud based software.
- Online communication tools (Zoom, Google+ Hangouts, etc).
- Web 2.0 applications.
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Linked-In, etc.).
- Mobile Applications (iPhone, Android, iPad, etc.).
A Ph.D in Educational Technology, Digital Media, New Media, Digital Writing or related field. Hires will be ranked based on education, experience, commitment to working as part of a team and excellent communication and leadership skills.Required Application Materials
CV/resume and cover letter.
* Responses to the following questions:
** Provide an example of an innovative, technology-enhanced learning experience you have designed. *200 word limit
** Please describe how you see the role of teacher presence in an online learning environment. *200 word limit
** Please provide the URL(s) for your professional portfolio and or other professional work done in the public sphereMSU Statement
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Apr 29, 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 28, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time