Accountant III (Student Life-SOFO)
DescriptionJob Purpose: Verify and post a variety of financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles and Institute policy. Compile and analyze financial data, often complex in structure, and generate related schedules and reports. May provide guidance and work direction to other accounting personnel.Major Responsibilities:
- Compile and verify the accuracy and validity of complex accounting transaction, often requiring in-depth analysis and resolution.
- Prepare reconciliations of a variety financial data.
- Post and or review posting of transactions to appropriate accounts.
- Prepare and review financial schedules and reports.
- Maintain financial records.
- May prepare budget revisions.
- May provide explanations and/or work direction to other accountants and clerical personnel regarding more complex assignments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Three years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires application of advanced accounting principles and practices as they relate to recording and reporting financial transactions and related data within university business units. Analytical and problem solving skills are needed as is advanced use of business and accounting related computer applications.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred Work Experience: Three years job related experience
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Job: Student Services
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Student Life
Job Posting: Apr 29, 2019, 3:09:55 PM