Part-time Adjunct Instructor - Traffic Safety
Nicolet College is seeking to build a pool of part-time faculty. Part-time faculty are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Traffic Safety consists of three different areas of instruction; General Traffic Safety, Group Dynamics, and Multiple Offender. The part-time instructor pool is used to select part-time instructors that most closely meet the needs for particular courses and assignments. Part-time instructors are hired on a per course basis. The total hours for a part-time instructor can range from approximately 3 hours per week to no more than 12 hours per week. Courses are presented at the Rhinelander and Minocqua locations. Work hours may vary from a traditional daytime schedule and can include both day and evening classes.
Traffic Safety Program Information:
- Traffic Safety Point Reduction Program (TSPR) is a course of instruction designed to reduce the number of violations and crashes in Wisconsin. Participants will examine their driving behavior and review traffic laws and penalties
- Group Dynamics Program (GD) is a Wisconsin highway safety initiative aimed at assisting persons involved in alcohol/other drug-related traffic offenses to make permanent changes in their drinking and driving behavior and attitudes.
- Multiple Offender Program (MOP) is a Wisconsin highway safety initiative aimed at assisting individuals who have received two or more OWIs (operating while intoxicated) in changing their impaired driving behavior.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepare, and deliver instruction of assigned courses using a variety of teaching methods to facilitate the learning of students within the Wisconsin Department of Transportation-state approved curriculum.
- Depending on program/discipline, courses may include day and/or evening classes.
- Responsible for the development, updating, revision, and maintenance of program/discipline curriculum and instructional materials.
- Responsible for classroom management including maintaining accurate student attendance and grade reports as well as maintaining a clean, organized environment with an emphasis on safety.
- Responsible for the assessment, documentation, and enhancement of student learning by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting attainment of learning outcomes; and related records maintenance.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including co-workers, employers, and professional organizations.
- Maintain professional/technical knowledge and skills including currency in assigned discipline, required occupational certification/licensing, and instructional technology/delivery methods.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Meet additional requirements according to Wisconsin Department of Transportation Administrative Code: http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/trans/106/07.
- Must be able to demonstrate good organizational skills, positive interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills in educating adult learners.
- Deliver superior community college education that transforms lives, enriches communities, fosters economic development, and expands employment opportunities.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits are not included with this part-time position.
Apply at nicoletcollege.edu/employment. Attach a current résumé, unofficial transcripts of coursework, and a cover letter specifying which of the three courses you are interested in teaching and how your background and experience are consistent with the position requirements. Qualified applicants may be contacted as needs arise.
origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.