Coordinator for Pre-health Programs
Coordinator for Pre-health Programs Job no: 500000
Position type: Staff Part Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Provost's Office
Salary: $20-$25/hour, commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Apr 29 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Coordinator for Pre-health programs will report to the Vice Provost for Student Success through the Director of Pre-health programs. He or she will partner with the faculty Pre-health advisors to support undergraduates and UML alumni seeking further education in Allopathic and Osteopathic Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Optometry, Podiatry, Pharmacy, and Physician Assistant programs.The coordinator will be responsible for outreach to students from the early recruitment stages to submission of their applications and preparation for interviews. S/he will coordinate across colleges to provide workshops for students, establish timelines and “to do” lists, and advise students as needed. This person will also help coordinate committee interviews for applicants, and help assemble recommendation packets, with the goal of insuring that the student is prepared, and his/her application is completed on time and in the required format.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 1-3 years related experience required
- Masters’ degree
- Experience working in Higher Education
- Experience working with graduate programs and graduate admissions desired
- Demonstrated success in initiating and supporting partnerships across the university and between institutions of higher education
- Administrative experience in organizing high-level events, meetings, etc.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.