Adjunct Faculty Personal Counselor - Los Banos Campus
Adjunct Faculty Personal Counselor - Los Banos Campus
Salary: $49.02 - $61.42 Hourly
Job Type: Adjunct Faculty
Job Number: 20181137
Location: Los Banos, CA
Department: Student Services
This is a part-time, non-tenured track assignment at the Merced College Student Health Services- Los Banos campus, under the general direction of the Vice President of Student Services and funded under the Student Health Fee. The counselor will provide personal counseling to enrolled students.
This position is contingent upon funding at the time of hire
Examples of Duties
- Provide personal counseling to students as needed in support of student success in individual or group sessions
- Provide crisis intervention for students and the campus community if available
- Provide referral services as needed to students, faculty and staff in need of psychological or counseling resources beyond those offered on campus. Maintain collaborative relationships with college faculty, staff, and administrators, and with community mental health agencies, and coordinate services with referral resources.
- Consult with faculty, administrators and staff and provide support for students with serious personal, family or psychological issues including but not limited to domestic violence, risk of suicide, and mental illness.
- Coach faculty and staff regarding incidents of disruptive behavior by students; collaborate with college police to provide faculty and staff training on policies and procedures to address disruptive behavior.
- Develop and provide in-service trainings with respect to mental illness, for the campus community.
- Work closely with Student Health Services staff to provide outreach to the campus community regarding the availability of college health and personal counseling services; provide class presentations regarding the scope of Student Health Services; attend regular meetings with Student Health Services staff.
- Actively support and coordinate services with all other student services areas and programs on campus; attend student services meetings as appropriate; collaborate in the design of innovative programs to enhance student retention and success.
- Participate in the college's learning outcomes assessment program, including program and institutional assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree from an acceptable accredited institution in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling.
- Valid, Active California License as a Marriage and Family Therapist, Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor.
- Candidate must have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- College level counseling experience.
- Familiarity and/or experience working with college programs that aid socio-economically disadvantaged and/or academically underprepared students.
- Ability to: Assess and assist the whole student, including cultural differences and /or disabling conditions; communicate effectively; provide accurate academic/vocational information; function as a student advocate facilitating the resolution of college related problems; work independently and in small groups on projects.
- Experience in providing psychological services in an educational setting.
- Experience in crisis intervention.
- Knowledge of community health and social service resources and experience making appropriate referrals.
- Knowledge and ability to consult effectively with faculty and staff regarding students with serious personal , family or psychological issues as well as incidents of disruptive behavior on campus.
How to Apply:
Candidates will submit a complete application on the Merced College Career Pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
- List three professional references
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- Diversity Statement: Provide a statement about yourself that specifically demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Your response is limited to one (1) page.
- OPTIONAL: Equivalency Review Form, if applicable. (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) http://www.mccd.edu/offices/hr/jobs/eqforms.html
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed most qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Expenses for travel and accommodations will be the responsibility of the candidates.
Employee Benefits: Faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. An applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/2222799/adjunct-faculty-personal-counselor-los-banos-campus
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency