Kinesiology Equipment Technician
Kinesiology Equipment Technician
Butte-Glenn Community College
Closing Date/Time: 5/27/2019 4:00 PM Pacific
Salary: Not Displayed
Location: Main Campus, CA
Department: Office of Instruction
Part-time 20 hours per week, 10 months per year, August through May
CSEA-Range 19 $1,606.85 per month
Tentative start date: August 1, 2019
Relocation reimbursement (Download PDF reader) may be authorized. Please contact Human Resources for more information.
If you are relocating to the area, housing resources (Download PDF reader) can be found on our Human Resources page under Recruitment and Hiring.
Some highlights and details associated with this position:
- Work schedule of 20 hours per week Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- June and July off (with no pay)
Butte College's main campus is located on a 928-acre wildlife refuge and we pride ourselves on being a national college leader in sustainability. Community partnerships matter to us. We work with our K-12 partners to create career pathways for students to seamlessly move from high school to Butte College coursework or credit to transfer to a four-year university. In fact, Butte College has the highest transfer rate of all California community colleges to California State University, Chico. Butte College contributes to economic development through the Training Place, and the Small Business Development Center.
For over 50 years, we have successfully provided a quality educational experience to our students, offering associates degrees and training in career fields including business, medical, law enforcement, welding, automotive, computers, and more.
The ideal candidate will share Butte College's commitment to our mission and values, especially our commitment to educating our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. We currently enroll around 16,000 students annually, many of whom are from racially minoritized populations. 56% of Butte College students are white, 27% are Latinx, 6% are Asian, 2% are African American, 1% are Native American, and 5% are multi-ethnic. As a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), Butte College understands that it has a great responsibility to the educational attainment and economic well-being of our surrounding communities.
The successful candidate will join a campus community that demonstrates its commitment to student equity by supporting ongoing professional development for students, faculty and staff. These opportunities include a Cultural Awareness Community of Practice, FAIR Classrooms, active Diversity and Student Equity Committees, support for our undocumented and AB 540 students (Download PDF reader), a robust set of culturally responsive programs and events, and conferences related to equity-mindedness and supporting the success of our diverse students.
Under the direction of an administrator, maintains and controls athletic and kinesiology equipment and supplies; issues, receives, stores and repairs equipment; ensures equipment and facilities are prepared in a timely manner according to established schedules; assists staff with special assignments and events.
The duties recorded below are representative of the duties of the class and are not intended to cover all the duties performed by incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class. The essential duties of the class are indicated with an asterisk *
- Establishes and maintains computer locker records and inventories of all equipment issued*
- Issues lockers and prepares combination information; produces administrative documents*
- Sets up and takes down equipment needed for each kinesiology class; assists in field, gym and other athletic facility set-ups; measures and lines playing fields for classes*
- Meets regularly with Athletic Director to assess problem areas and needs*
- Daily reviews and inspects kinesiology complex and equipment for safety; opens gymnasium, kinesiology classrooms and locker rooms; checks complex for proper order and cleanliness*
- Identifies problems related to equipment or users and resolves; institutes preventative actions to avoid safety related and other potential problems*
- Develops proposals for new equipment; orders, verifies receipt, marks and stores new equipment; conducts periodic inventory control*
- Washes, dries, folds and issues towels, to students, faculty and staff*
- Operates various custodial machines including vacuum sweepers, floor buffers, strippers, suction vacuums, etc*
- Assists faculty in preparing budget requests; assists in selection of vendors and submits proposals for special projects
- Assists with special assignments involving outside organizations conducting kinesiology activities on campus
- May serve on a variety of District committees as requested
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D. or equivalent*; AND
- One (1) year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of this class.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver's license throughout duration of employment with the District.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
May be acquired through education, training and/or experience.
Knowledge of: District policies and procedures; the various equipment, materials and supplies used in sports activities taught within the college; appropriate rules and storage procedures utilized for various sports activity materials and equipment; proper inventory methods, custodial cleaning equipment, materials, tools and facilities; basic computer usage for accessing email and utilizing software for position functions.
Ability to: learn quickly the schedules, procedures and use of equipment, materials, supplies and tools used in college sport activities; maintain and make minor repairs to athletic equipment; establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for diverse populations; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; read and write at the level necessary for successful job performance; learn and implement the required rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the District and department; work within a team environment; operate a computer to perform position functions; utilize keyboarding skills commensurate with the required functions for this position. keep records and prepare reports and spreadsheets for equipment, etc; work independently with an emphasis on detail management; organize workload and establish priorities; complete work assignments according to established deadlines; maintain and follow schedules, calendars and timelines.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
No assigned permanent staff to supervise. Trains and provides work direction to student employees.
Subject to lifting or moving moderately heavy items (20 to 50 lbs.), such as athletic equipment for the set-up and tear-down of equipment for kinesiology classes and athletic activities.
Faculty, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
Indoor and outdoor environment which involves exposure to adverse weather conditions, extreme heat or cold, bending, pushing, pulling, walking on rough or uneven surfaces and climbing ladders, etc.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL APPLICANTS, INCLUDING CURRENT BUTTE COLLEGE EMPLOYEES, MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH THE ONLINE APPLICATION IN ORDER TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. If you are applying under Equivalency for the education minimum qualification, please attach a document titled Equivalency using the "Transcript" drop down file type located in the attachment section of the application.
All on-line attachment types require that you attach a document.
Please describe in your cover letter how your past experience and qualifications meet the needs of this position.
RESUME OR VITA:
Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
To apply, visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/buttecc/
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency