Clinical Psychologist - Depot Hill (Broomfield) - Senior Instructor
Universityof Colorado – School of MedicineClinical Psychologist - Depot Hill (Broomfield) - Senior Instructor
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The Department of Family Medicine provides primary health care,educates medical and psychology students and graduates, conducts research andengages with communities. This position will provide therapeutic evaluation andtreatment of patients with psychological disorders at Family Medicineclinic(s) coordinating with multi-disciplinary clinicians to provide team-basedcare in a patient-centered medical home setting.
Ideal candidates will have experience with integrated team-based care,with additional expertise in motivational interviewing, and evidence-basedpsychotherapies. Clinical skill isrequired for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide short-termpsychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance usetreatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Provide consultations and recommendations for commonbehavioral health questions and presenting problems to family medicineproviders.
- Assess, diagnose and treat behavioral, mental, and emotionalconditions.
- Facilitate group visits as needed.
- Design and implement health promotion/diseaseprevention interventions.
- Support patient self-management skills.
- Directly supervise behavioral health trainees(graduate students, psychology interns, post-doctoral fellows, and pre-licensurepsychologists).
- Provide team-based care with multidisciplinary teams.
- Coach physicians in communication skills andtechniques of health behavior change.
- Conduct hospital rounds as needed.
- Facilitate referrals for more significant mentalhealth conditions.
- Participate in quality improvement and practicetransformation initiatives, workflow modification, and the identification anddeployment of new efficiencies.
- Maintains eligibility for School of Medicine Faculty.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in field, bothacademically and through applied skill.
- May participate in clinical research projects (but not requiredto be a clinician researcher unless pursuing traditional promotion path).
- Accepts other responsibilities specifically assigned by the Director of BehavioralHealth and Integrated Programs.
- Attends and presents at conferences, meetings andtrainings in order to maintain certification and enhance professional skills;participates in faculty development activities.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology (PhD or PsyD)
- Ability to obtain Colorado state licensure as a psychologist.
- 2+ years’ experience in clinical psychology, primary care orbehavioral medicine
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief andtargeted assessments to provide short-term psychotherapy interventions, healthand behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate levelof care.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of clinical staff andtrainees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective workingrelationships with Department of Family Medicine and clinic faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks andmaintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team andindependently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability indifferent work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
- Experience with integrated team-based care,particularly in a primary care based setting.
- Expertise in motivational interviewing, andevidence-based psychotherapies.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 26, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing