Family Physician - Depot Hill (Broomfield) - Senior Instructor
Universityof Colorado – School of MedicineFamily Medicine Physician - Depot Hill (Broomfield) Senior Instructor
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
Theclinician (MD or DO) in this position will function as a family medicineprovider in the Boulder Family Medicine Clinic, providing high quality medical care andsupervising fellows, residents and students as needed. This position isposted at the Senior Instructor level; in the event that one’s experienceexceeds that of a Senior Instructor, Assistant Professor will be considered.
- Provide full scope direct patient care in an ambulatoryclinical setting.
- Participate as needed in chart review and clinical codingcompliance activities.
- Assist in supervision mid-level providers at the clinic.
- Supervise medical students, residents, fellows and otherhealthcare learners.
- Assist in administrative/clinical quality improvementfunctions relating to a variety of programs at the direction of the MedicalDirector.
- Provide education to fellows, residents and medical students duringtheir ambulatory rotation.
- Maintain eligibility for School of Medicine Faculty.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in field, both academically andthrough applied skill.
- Participate in scholarly activity.
- Accept other responsibilities specifically assigned by the MedicalDirector.
- Attend and present at conferences, meetings and trainings in order tomaintain certification and enhance professional skills; participates in facultydevelopment activities.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversityand Equity:Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Terminal degree in Medicine or Osteopathy (MD or DO).
- Ability to obtain Colorado Medical License and possession of a currentDEA Certificate.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Family Medicine.
- Ability to be fully credentialed with the UCH system and UPI ManagedCare.
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching students and/or residents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinicand Department of Family Medicine faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain awell-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
- Ability to meet clinic-specific competencies and expectations.
- Experience in an integrated practice/patient-centered medical home(PCMH) environment.
- Experience or interest in education and research and faculty development.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 26, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing