DescriptionThe Advancement operation provides the management and coordination of the back office functions to support the campus-based fundraising field staff. These include research, marketing and communications, gift processing, data base management, estate gift planning, and other services. These central services produce economies of scale by eliminating the need for these back office functions to be duplicated on each of the four campuses. They also place the institution in an optimal position to attract substantial support from the philanthropic sector.
The Application Programmer on the Advancement Reporting team will work under the general direction of the Director of Reporting in the development, delivery, and support of major technical goals and toolsets that enable the business of Advancement at the University of Colorado.
This role will work collaboratively across functional areas and as part of project teams as a contributor on subjects including, but not limited to:
- Streamlining and/or automating repeatable processes
- Extending existing toolset functionality
- Ensuring business toolset continuity
- Integrating with partner toolsets
- Creating new toolsets
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Review, develop, design, test, implement, and maintain complex applications and supporting data sets for end-users from within the Ellucian Advance alumni/donor database system and supporting infrastructure in support of the University of Colorado’s Advancement organization.
- Perform analyses of all areas of the advancement information systems (Advance, Cognos, and others) to determine best path forward for delivering solutions.
- Recommend improvements in departmental business processes, methodologies, and operations to affect operational efficiencies through the use of the data system(s).
- Participate in the ongoing definition and execution of the University of Colorado Advancement’s technology roadmap in accordance with the strategic plans of the Advancement Operations team and University Advancement as a whole.
- Estimate effort and impact of proposed action plans and requests with discreet task lists inclusive of downstream impacts to partner tools and organizations.
- Provide input on risks in projects and work requests and develop recommendations for mitigation.
- Ensure that documentation and work instructions on solutions and services provided are available to personnel using provided solutions and services.
- Recommend specifications for product enhancements, bug fixes, and modifications.
- Collaborate with fellow programmers and analysts in accordance with departmental priorities in an environment of high change.
- Provide timely reporting on status, risks, accomplishments, and decision points to project and organizational stakeholders.
- Assist with support of the core suite of technology (i.e., troubleshooting, updates, etc.) – Ellucian Advance and related tools.
- Monitor and participate in relevant listservs (Ellucian and others), training opportunities, user groups, publications, and professional groups to maintain a strong knowledge of trends in the fields of advancement, database and systems management and administration.
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of IT practices.
- Knowledge of reporting and data analysis.
- Ability and skill to analyse data and determine trends and errors.
- Ability to identify process and system inefficiency and recommend solutions.
- Ability to manage task initiatives to ensure deliverables are on time.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and manage frequent requests from all levels of users each having their own timelines and constraints.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate user requirements and produce and analyze data.
- Skilled in technology development, design, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and interpersonal/customer-relations skills.
- Effective presentation skills to clearly articulate technical and business process-related concepts to groups and individuals with varying ranges of technical literacy.
What we offer:
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more perks and programs.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent professional experience. The educational requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis.
- One (1) year of experience in database management, programming , and/or data integration, which must include:
- Experience with enterprise systems and solutions
- Database programming and design in Oracle (SQL and PLSQL)
- Participating in IT and development projects from conception through delivery, including oversight of documentation, project communications, vendor interactions, and testing
- Experience working with data structures and data modeling.
- Experience with Data Loader/Demand Tools.
- Salesforce.com Communities experience.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Management consulting or CRM implementation firm experience.
- Experience with Marketing Cloud or Cvent.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Posting Date: Jun 11, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing