Lecturer or Assistant Professor of Nursing
Title:Lecturer or Assistant Professor of Nursing Department:Schl of Health Sciences 1001703 Job Category:Faculty Regular/Temporary:Regular Open Date:04/26/2019 Description:
1. Teach assigned courses according to an approved course syllabus;
2. Coordinate clinicals, skills lab, simulation lab, and clinical learning experiences at either Tifton or Bainbridge campus, as required.
3. Maintain a high level of expertise in the subjects taught and stimulate enthusiasm for those subjects;
4. Keep students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
5. Keep students informed about their progress through the prompt grading of papers and other work;
6. Provide students with a mid-term progress report;
7. Maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records;
8. File an appropriate course syllabus for each course taught with the Dean of Nursing;
9. Conduct class evaluations and complete other college evaluations in accordance with college policy;
10. Participate in course student learning outcome evaluation and curriculum development;
11. Assist with the SONHS program outcome evaluation.
1. Advise pre-nursing students as well as students in the nursing curriculum.
2. Counsel students in accordance with the students’ needs.
3. Maintain consistent communication with students, especially those with marginal performance.
4. Utilize the College support system for students such as the Counseling Center or Tutoring Center.
5. Collaborate with the Course Coordinator regarding the existing or potential problems, if co-teaching in a course.
1. Serve on School of Nursing Committees and College committees.
2. Participate actively in nursing professional and civic organizations.
3. Serve as a nursing resource person for local health agencies when requested.
4. Participate in the overall academic affairs and programs affecting SONHS and the College.
5. Active in advocating nursing at the local, regional, and national level.
D. Scholarly Activities:
1. Participate in programs of self-development (workshops, seminars, clinical practice, research symposia, conferences, classes, etc.).
2. Make scholarly presentations at local, regional, national and international conferences.
3. Publish scholarly papers in refereed and non-refereed publications.Position Summary:
Classroom teaching; Teaching in skills / clinical / simulation laboratories; Coordination of student assignments and advisement; Active participation in the SONHS and College activities; Involvement in scholarship, professional development and community service.
One Psychiatric/ Mental Health Nursing position will be located on the Tifton campus and one position on the Bainbridge campus.
One Medical Surgical Nursing position will be located at the Bainbridge campus.
One Pediatric Nursing position will be located at the Tifton campus.Required Qualifications:
A minimum of Master’s Degree i n Nursing a current, unencumbered Georgia RN license required is required for all four positions.
Speciality in each respective field for the above positions is preferred.
Teaching experience at Associate Degree nursing program or higher preferred. Appointment as an Assistant Professor is for doctorally prepared person only and is a tenure-track position. Appointment as Lecturer is non-tenure- track and for MSN-prepared person.