Associate Director, Market Readiness and Employment, School of Business
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-26
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Provides a personalized, consistent and high quality career coaching experience to help students successfully navigate their job search process through innovative career programs, career exploration techniques, strength/interest assessments, job search action plan development, resume and cover letter critiquing, interview preparation, professional decision-making strategies, and salary negotiations.
- Engages and builds relationships with external markets including employers, alumni, and industry professionals to hire and mentor students as well as assess and implement coaching best practices.
- Collaborates with alumni relations, advancement, faculty and staff for strategic planning/alignment and to deliver innovative and customized career-related events, programs, and other market readiness and employment resources to prepare students across pre-experience programs for post graduate opportunities.
- Supports program-wide goals including student enrollment and employment outcomes as well as student sentiment/satisfaction.
- Maintains a high knowledge rate of student caseload, monitors and tracks all student activity ensuring consistent and comprehensive reporting for all stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree and at least 5 years of related experience preferred.
- Experience coaching and supporting students for personal and/or professional development and guiding them to achieve their individual goals.
- Experience successfully coordinating projects, developing programs, and implementing academic initiatives to augment program operating policies/procedures and enhance student experience
- Proven experience effectively revising and providing feedback on resume, cover letters, and other professional communication tools.
- Training and experience administering and interpreting career assessment inventories preferred, including but not limited to the MBTI, CareerLeader, and StrengthsFinder
- Experience facilitating panels, leading workshops, and/or teaching career related courses.
- Ability to coach and foster genuine relationships with students from diverse backgrounds and interests
- Ability to influence and communicate with faculty, staff, outside departments and external constituents across all programs and the larger Wake Forest University community. Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Experience working in a goal-oriented environment with demonstrated success in achieving desired outcomes.
- Ability to thrive in a data-driven culture and demonstrate analytical capabilities to quantify reports and promote student academic competency, achievements, and employment outcomes.
- Knowledge of program-related markets including employment and hiring trends and experience developing relevant career education programming
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, time management and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of maturity and professional ethics. Ability to present and display professional demeanor at all times.
- Strong leadership, management, and planning skills. Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Strong work ethic, high standards, and accountability.
- Effective at multitasking and time/resource management.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Mandarin Chinese language skills a plus.