Business Systems Analyst Working Level - PeopleSoft HCM HR Applications
Title:Business Systems Analyst Working Level - PeopleSoft HCM HR Applications Job Category:Staff Description:
This is a professional position responsible for project and end user support of administrative information systems within a group of Business Analysts responsible for ensuring that service goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time parameters, within budget, while taking a holistic approach to the integration of the applications. The role of this position is production and project support for the human resources and payroll modules within the PeopleSoft HCM system to include planning activities that are aligned with strategic and operational improvements and initiatives.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of the application area and in coordination with the lead analyst, the employee will interpret and respond to user problems related to information systems and perform project task assignments. The employee will work closely with technical and managerial staff to develop and improve support procedures and ensure specific project goals are accomplished as a team. The employee initiates and owns project improvement initiatives, production support, and project related tasks within their functional area of expertise.
Tasks are varied in nature and often time critical. The customer base and the service environment are complex. Identification of and adherence to IT best practices and standard operating procedures for service area are important, however, flexibility in meeting the needs of customers is also a key consideration. Data-based decision making is expectedRequired Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Baccalaureate degree required.
• At least three years of related experience required.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of USG internal operations business procedures.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems.
• Knowledge of process improvement principles.
• Knowledge of project management principles.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches.
• Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
• Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
• Knowledge of database management concepts.
• Knowledge of change management processes.
• Knowledge of database programming and scripting principles.
• Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the provision of support to end users.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least five (5) years of experience working with an enterprise human resources information system from a functional perspective.
• Minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience in the area of Human Resources, Time and Labor, or Payroll.