Business Systems Analyst Senior - PeopleSoft HCM HR Recruitment Application
Title:Business Systems Analyst Senior - PeopleSoft HCM HR Recruitment Application Job Category:Staff Description:
Under general supervision of the Manager of the application area, coordinates and leads the activities of a group of subject matter experts (SME) for life-cycle enhancement and support of a number of projects associated with the delivery of a supported application service and its integration with other enterprise applications. The position generally possesses authority to coordinate work of the "Business Systems Analyst" and "Business Systems Analyst Entry Level" positions and instruct respective positions in specific techniques or technical methods for accomplishing work assignments or projects.
The position may serve as project leader on special projects and works with the management team and other team members to develop common standards and procedures for program and data maintenance and enhancements of the assigned projects, including quality assurance and testing procedures. Tasks are varied in nature and often time critical. The customer base and the service environment are complex. Identification of and adherence to IT best practices and standard operating procedures for service area are important, however, flexibility in meeting the needs of customers is also a key consideration. Data-based decision making is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Guide, advise, coordinate and assist in prioritization of team member efforts.
• Provide extended functional and technical support to multiple Administrative Services projects.
• Analyze complex or previously unknown application issues requiring high-level business expertise and analysis.
• Analyze requirements, design and assist in development of solutions to meet business requirements.
• Document functional requirements, system design specifications, use cases, workflow diagrams, and interface designs.
• Provide 24/7 on-call rotational support of applications.
• Coordinate the development of custom solutions, fixes, patches and security.
• Coordinate and implement testing strategy, system testing and lead institutional constituents in user acceptance testing.
• Recommend and support enhancements to change control process and associated tools to fully document and manage application changes.
• Review, provide content and identify areas that require change for end user documentation (i.e. Business Process, training, Known issues, release notes, etc.).
• Provide end user and team training.
• Facilitate inter/intra departmental task and communication.
• Participate and lead inter/intra departmental business process improvement initiatives.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that supporting application and system changes and updates are implemented correctly and any integration issues are addressed and discussed with management in a timely manner.
• Understand interdependencies within application module and components.
• Understand integration points and interdependencies of administrative applications and supporting systems.
• Mentor team members to enhance technical and functional skills of team.
• Create and submit weekly status reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Baccalaureate degree required.
• Over five years of related experience required.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of USG business procedures.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems.
• Knowledge of process improvement principles.
• Knowledge of project management principles.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches.
• Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
• Knowledge of data analysis, analytics, business intelligence and programming.
• Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
• Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
• Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the provision of support to end users.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and at least five (5) years job related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience is required to perform this job.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in working with a complex human resources information system or payroll application from a functional perspective.
• Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced, often ambiguous and event driven environment.
• Solid understanding and progressive work experience as a functional analyst supporting a complex human resources information system.
• Experience working a human resource recruiting application (PeopleSoft, HireTouch, PeopleAdmin, etc.).
• System application upgrade and implementation experience.
• Ability to analyze SQL scripts that will be run against the Oracle database.
• Ability to explain functional concepts to the business Stakeholders.
• Ability to work with diverse groups within the University System.
• Ability to work with customers in gathering requirements.