Senior Systems Analyst - California Institute of Integral Studies
The overall purpose of this position is to optimize the Institute's use of its student information system (SIS) and other software applications to ensure they further the Institute's mission and academic, enrollment, and retention goals and that they create a positive experience for students, faculty, and administrators. This position analyzes, develops and improves business processes and policies. A main focus of this position will be to insure a smooth implementation of Ellucian's Colleague Information System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the University's strategic objectives; provide guidance, support and enhancement of the technological solutions that further those objectives
- Identify business process improvements; gather business needs and user requirements; help coordinate the development and implementation of solutions
- Assist with developing policies and procedures related to technology applications; monitor compliance with policies and procedures
- Participate in system upgrades and testing as needed; develop procedures and controls; recommend improvements and updates
- Identify and reduce or eliminate inefficiencies and redundancies in and among departments as related to the use of technology; determine and standardize best practices; streamline communications to prospective students, applicants, students, staff, and faculty
- In coordination with the Institutional Effectiveness team, audit the SIS data required for internal and external reports
- Determine the optimum integration or relationship of different systems and applications; assist in introduction of new systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum four to six years related experience; college or university experience strongly preferred
- Proficient with relational databases, SQL, reporting tools and Microsoft Excel and Word; higher education work experience highly preferred
- Experience working in Higher Ed Information Systems, such as Colleague, Banner, Jenzabar, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete projects successfully
- Attentive to detail and well-organized
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably within related field
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).