Systems Administrator Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201903159181 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $53,700 - $105,900 Position Information Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the System Administrator is responsible for supporting the configuration, installation, maintenance and ongoing support of various servers, systems and technologies that are housed at the offsite data center. Works collaboratively with others in the department and leadership to provide back-end systems and application support for business applications. Typical responsibilities include installation and configuration of operating systems and application software, availability and performance monitoring, testing, troubleshooting and developing detailed documentation. Will assist in the support of related incidents or outages. Please note: the hiring range for this position is from the minimum ($53,700) to the midpoint ($79,800) of the salary range, and the successful candidate will be placed on the salary range based on education and years of relevant work experience. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Licenses License Requirement Valid Driver's License Preferred
Conditions Condition Requirement An additional 4 years of related experience can be substituted for the degree requirement. Required Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required
Minimum Requirements General knowledge of other areas of IT.
Basic knowledge of how to apply technologies and systems to meet business needs.
Demonstrated understanding of how system management actions affect users and dependent/related functions.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer security best practices and policies.
Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner.
Demonstrated experience writing and editing scripts of moderate complexity used to perform system maintenance and administration.
Understanding of system performance monitoring and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance.
Must possess or obtain a Valid CA Drivers License in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles, if driving a university/personal vehicle for university related business.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position