Lab Assistant Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201904090421 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $33,638 - $38,962 Position Information Dr. Rachel Wu's Cognitive Agility across the Lifespan via Learning and Attention (CALLA) Lab at the University of California, Riverside is seeking a full-time Laboratory Assistant to begin in Spring/Summer 2019. The lab uses EEG, MRI, eye-tracking, and behavioral techniques to study learning and attention in infants, children, young adults, and older adults. This position is ideal for those interested in pursuing a PhD in developmental cognitive neuroscience or related fields, or those looking to gain experience in conducting research and assisting in analysis and authoring of research papers.
Minimum Requirements Ability to work with good judgement.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and time management skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent skills working with subjects in a research setting.
Available to work 40 hours per week for a 1-year commitment.
Graduation from high school or a General Education Diploma and one (1) year of laboratory experience or two years of college including courses in the natural, physical or social sciences; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
Preferred Qualifications Bachelor's degree in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field.
Experience working in a research environment in the areas of psychology, or neuroscience, specifically in the area of neuropsychological or behavioral tests.
Strong computer skills.
Experience interacting with infants, children, and older adults.
Experience conducting EEG tests. Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position