Student Financial Management Specialist
DescriptionCome be a part of an exciting new department! We are looking to recruit Student Financial Management Specialists (SFMS) for the Decatur campus and the Lakeside campus, (located in Tucker, GA), to serve in our new Student Financial Management department. The SFMS is primarily responsible for providing excellent in-person and telephone customer service within a high-volume environment to students, parents, and the university community about financial aid student account processes. This position is also responsible for assisting with outreach efforts to help support enrollment and retention objectives.
This entry level position can lead to exciting opportunities within the Student Financial Services Department and Georgia State.
- Provides information to students, parents, colleagues, and the university community regarding financial aid and student accounts via phone
- and in-person in accordance with federal, state, Board of Regents, and institutional regulations. Investigates and provides solutions regarding financial aid and student account customer issues.
- Assists in awarding financial aid according to program regulations, such as HOPE, federal direct loans, federal Perkins loans. Reviews the accuracy of financial aid applications and verify application information with supporting documentation.
- Collects money owed to the University using telephone and mail collection techniques to meet enrollment and retention objectives set by management. Evaluates financial circumstances to determine appropriate student account payment options.
- Assist with community outreach efforts including conducting calling campaigns as well as conducting financial management workshops and orientation presentations to student, parents, and other University staff and other key groups.
- Counsel students on a variety of enrollment management issues to include all aspects from orientation to enrollment and after, including but not limited to admissions, registration, and academic records.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and one year of experience; or combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit05/03/19, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Provost & VP Academic Affairs
Job Posting: 05/06/19, 4:45:46 PM