#98588 ARC Business Systems Analyst
This position will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 03/20/18 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 04/01/18. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Depending on the experience of the selected candidate, this position will be hired at the Analyst II or Analyst III level.DESCRIPTION
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) Infrastructure team is looking for a talented individual who can help deliver impactful change to both new and existing business applications on the ServiceNow platform. This position works directly with the Systems Lead, HS leadership and subject matter experts, (both functional and technical) within the organization to ensure successful development and adoption of new processes and applications. The incumbent will help with the maintenance, support and audit of our Faculty and Academic Information Repositories.
1) Partner and work collaboratively with project teams and business stakeholders to gain an understanding of business requirements, translate and document those requirements into solution recommendations, and work with the development team on projects throughout the software development lifecycle.
2) Recommend process improvements through more effective use of the ServiceNow system and other CRMs.
3) Assists with project plan development and end user documentation. Gathers and analyzes data to prepare business process and procedural documentation. Scope projects and clearly identify risks, timeliness, dependencies and resources.
4) Work on knowledge management projects which includes the creation or reformatting of existing documents into a living and sustainable Knowledge Base.
5) Partner with internal stakeholders to help drive adoption and maximize the value of ServiceNow.
6) Work with management to prioritize business and information needs and determine methods to collect, manage and visualize/report on operational data using ServiceNow.
A Bachelor's Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
One to two (1 - 2) years of experience working with the ServiceNow platform, or similar Software as a Service CRM solutions.
Two (2+) or more years of relevant business systems analyst experience.
Demonstrated proficiency with SQL coding.
Understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control and deployment.
Proven experience with design and development of training programs and materials for business process and specific information systems applications.
Demonstrated ability to coordinate, schedule and deliver training content utilizing different media types. Ability to adapt the training needs of others at various learning levels.
Strong communication skills for group activities including expressing ideas effectively, seeking and respecting the opinion of others, active listening, and to share ideas.
Solid effective communication and interpersonal skills. Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs and training of users. Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Provide exceptional customer service skills measured by outcome rather than activities, including tact, diplomacy, and effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills that facilitate professional, effective, and courteous interaction with diverse population.
- Knowledge of and experience with Active Directory; Single Sign-on using: Digested Token, SAML 2.0. and Web Services integrations.
- LEAN Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certified.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check.
- Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Employee must be available to travel as required.