Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Research and Innovation
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Program Assistant, under general supervision, provides standard program support.
- Serve a first point of contact for program information and coordinate responses to requests for program information. Assist in the coordination of assigned program. Assist with proposal development. Research and recommend changes to existing programs. Apply knowledge of University, College and grant regulations, rules, procedures, and principles of office operations to perform work.
- Prepare program correspondence. Create, establish and maintain program files, databases, correspondence and program materials. Assist with committee meetings and materials.
- Design brochures and flyers and other promotional materials for special events. Distribute promotional materials in a timely manner.
- Purchase program materials. Track and monitor program budget. Perform administrative and clerical support for the director, including preparing various memos, correspondence and reports. Create limited purchase orders, requisitions and travel requests and vouchers.
- Assist in coordinating logistics and travel for program seminars, workshops, orientations and other special events. Coordinate meeting details (e.g., hotel and meeting room arrangements, caterers, travel arrangements). Maintain calendar for director and schedule meetings, symposia, and workshops as directed. Maintain records and files, collect, maintain and analyze data and keep equipment and materials and supplies inventory.
- Maintain good rapport with faculty and staff, other university faculty, and public. Assist and direct inquiries, both in person and on the phone. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Additional experience may be used as a substitution to include:
- High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of related experience or
- Associate's Degree and two (2) years of related experience or
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating small to large scale events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate courteously and effectively with students, faculty, staff, and public.
- Detail-oriented and exhibit a high degree of accuracy in maintaining records. Ability to understand and interpret policies, rules and regulations.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and the internet.
- Experience making arrangements for meeting rooms and scheduling.
- One (1) year of experience in initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating small to large scale events.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Program-Assistant_R-019146
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency