Part-Time Faculty Math Instructor (Collegewide)
Job location: Rockville Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-06-12
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-Time Faculty Math Instructor (Collegewide)Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Mathematics Department is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching mathematics. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
The faculty member will be responsible for preparing for and teaching mathematics courses. Offerings range from Pre-algebra through Linear Algebra, including Elementary Statistics. Classes are offered during the daytime Mondays through Saturdays and Mondays through Thursday evenings.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
- Master’s degree in related field with at least 12 credits in mathematics at the graduate level.
- Evidence of teaching or experience in the field.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Master’s degree or higher in mathematics.
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience in mathematics.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- Online applications must be received by July 26, 2019
- As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.