Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting Title Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Chancellor's Office Posting Number AE00202P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office complex. The District office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration performs duties under the general direction of the Chancellor and is responsible for the overall administration of District finances. The position oversees budget, accounting, payroll, attendance accounting, general services, employee benefits, grants administration, financial aid, as well as facility planning and construction, maintenance and operations, college police, and coordination of the colleges’ food service operations.Assignment Responsibilities
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
Finance and Business:
● Serving as the financial agent for the District.
● Responsibility for the overall financial management of District funds.
● Coordinating development and implementation of District budgets and processes, including staff replacement authorization processes.
● Planning, organizing, and directing the District’s business activities, including budget, accounting, payroll, investments, banking, employee benefits, student attendance and financial aid reporting, risk management, purchasing, property and contract management, inventory control, college food service operations, duplicating, and mail and printing services for the District Office.
●Coordinating environmental compliance and safety programs.
●Coordinating the maintenance and enhancements to internal control processes and procedures and internal and external audits.
●Responsibility for maintenance and enhancements to the computerized system for financial and human resources to include payroll, employee benefits, and position control.
●Representing the District in collective bargaining activities related to compensation, employee benefits, and areas requiring financial resources.
Facility Planning and Plant Maintenance:
●Coordinating District-wide facility planning activities, including new construction, remodeling or renovation, bid development, funding requests, development and implementation of facility planning guidelines and criteria.
●Overseeing District construction, remodeling, and site improvement projects.
●Responsibility for maintenance and repair of District facilities, grounds and utility systems.
●Coordinating District’s energy conservation program; develops, maintains and updates a variety of facility assessment, condition, and utilization reports.
●Preparing comprehensive project cost estimates, including staffing, operational requirements, and impact on student enrollment.
●Coordinating the development of college capital outlay priorities.
●Submitting funding requests for building construction, maintenance projects, and related equipment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
●Supervising the Chief of Police.
●Responsible for administrative oversight of police and security/safety operations.
●Supervising and evaluating staff as required in accordance with District policies and procedures and collective bargaining contracts.
●Representing the District on appropriate District, college, state and other committees in areas of responsibility.
●Preparing Board agenda items, attends Board meetings and makes recommendations.
●Performing other duties as assigned by the Chancellor.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus/location work and/or hours.Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 1, 2019, in Business, Accounting, Finance, Management or related field and five years of related management experience; OR have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business, Accounting, Finance, Management or related field and a Certified Public Accountant’s license and five years of related management experience; OR have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 1, 2019, in Business, Accounting, Finance, Management or related field and seven years of progressively responsible and relevant management experience in a large organization.
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.Application Instructions
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Physical Demands Salary $200,513.00 annually; LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university. Posting Detail Information Posting Date 04/24/2019 Closing Date 05/21/2019 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Classified Administrative Position
Beginning on or about August 1, 2019.
Initial interviews are tentatively scheduled for Thursday, June 6, 2019 and Friday, June 7, 2019
Final Interviews will be held Friday, June 14, 2019.How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $250. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative/Executive Positions: Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11587 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5